or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

There are a number of shoe enthusiasts here at SF - just peruse the various maker appreciation threads to get a sense of the passion for shoes that some of our members have. I am struck, however, by how narrow the high end market must be here in the US. For example, Skyvalet in DC is running a sale on their Edward Green and have substantial size runs in numerous styles. True, the Dover is sold out, but clearly Skyvalet stocked and was not able to move Edward Green all...
My experience as well with the AS Radwell chukka. The color came off the first time I polished them. Talk about $500 wasted.
My point was that there was a great deal of variation in Gabriel's sizing (in a number of cases full size differences.)As I said the comparison of most Bonafe lasts to the Rain was most helpful.
Wow...not real helpful...Gabriel is all over the place. I wear a US 10.5 and a UK 9.5 in just about everything (EG and G&G) I go UK 9 in Lobb 7000/8000.I have been happy with UK 9.5 in Rain and Inca...definitely roomy width wise. I like the snug fit of my Simpson monk in 9.5. Probably to be safe I should just go 9.5 in all Bonafe? The opening suggestions seem to support this conclusion.
Thanks!
+1
How about posting a link???? Please
Posh, since you are in NY, just get into stores and try stuff on. I can't say I agree with what I am getting as your aesthetic tastes. I own nothing by Bally, Ferragamo, or Gucci. and to be honest don't plan to. For example, I think the Ferragamo blucher you posted, it is almost a chukka boot, is hideous. I have no idea what one would wear that with. I certainly wouldn't wear it with a suit. If I wanted something like that, I'd go with the Corthay Arca (even if in...
The Connaught is definitely a traditional, conservative last. Yes, the Hallam can appear rather elongated, but it is amore fashion forward last. What strikes me is that, since you live in NYC, why didn't you go into C&J wearing a suit and try on the shoes. The aesthetic issues you note should have been apparent, particularly with the Connaught. Even wearing them around the house on carpet might have led to that conclusion, allowing you to return the shoes. Seems to...
Love the finishing, but the aesthetic of that monstrous square toe really leaves me cold. Was that mandated by fit concerns?