or Connect

Posts by Claus

A few days ago, I've announced an update of Sizeadvisors on the blog and newsletter. I've now uploaded the first part of the upcoming changes. For those, who read neither the blog nor the newsletter, here's a short summery: The previous two methods to get recommendations will be merged into one. The new method is based on following other members, whose ratings will become recommendations. Example Let's assume, you've rated the 5-65 last by Allen Edmonds in D with 4...
Depends on how your foot sits in the Capital. For instance, if your foot is longer than 264mm, your toes are probably already sitting close to the tip of the shoe (on the Capital). Going down half a size makes the shoe shorter, generally speaking, and you may find the additional pressure on your toes to be uncomfortable.If your feet are shorter, they probably have an average or higher volume, so there's enought space in front of your toes and going down half a size...
As I see it, it's rather easy to fix a shoe that is on the roomy side of things. One can use an insole, or a heel pad, or a tongue pad. Sometimes, thicker socks do the trick. A shoe on the tight side is sometimes very hard to fix – especially when the problem is in the toe box.Some people seem to be opposed to such fixes, but this would be your first quality shoe. If there would be a tongue pad inside – so what? Also, you got used to wear shoes in (the equivalent of) a UK...
Well, this explains where the eBay label comes from.However, I cross-checked the number's in the table with the calculated values, and it seems to me, whoever created this table, he or she truly forget to add an allowance.It wouldn't be the first time that someone from the marketing or sales department forget to ask the engineers – or, in this case, the last makers – how the numbers of a product really should be used. Another possible source for errors is the use of some...
No problem! If you get no other information, maybe the following will help. Note that this is not from personal experience but from the data members submitted on my site.First, there's one member who wears Red Wing's 8 last in US 8.5-D. He also wears Loake's 3625 last in UK 8.0-F, although it's not as comfortable as Red Wing's 8 last. Unfortunately, his annotation is a bit cryptic ("to brigth") which I think means "too wide" (not everyone is a native English...
The 8112 from Red Wing is build on the 8 last which is available in D or EE. You didn't say which width you are wearing.
No offense but I have my doubts this is from Loake.Maybe, it's from a vendor who didn't know what he was doing. After all, the subtitle under the image view say "Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2". Of course, I don't know how Styleforum manages their affairs, and where this subtitle comes from. But it seems unlikely Styleforum has access to the eBay image processing infrastructure. I'd say the image probably comes from an eBay source.Also, the information is...
To be honest, it's smaller than I expected, given the measurements you posted.You're (probably) still a US 9.0 given your foot lenght. However, sizing down half a size is not unusual, and the difference in length is still small (about 4mm), so this is nothing to be too concerned about. It's also quite an improvement compared to your US 10 shoes.The E width is also lower than expected, since the 65 last of AE is said to be little tight in the ball and a bit low in the...
Na, no problem. Glad I could you help you getting started. You spend a lot of thought about making your decision, and I respect that.I also respect rq when he says "I will err on the opposite side of caution." because "I generally like their price point (even with shipping) and style."When someone understands the risks and disadvantages of something and still deliberately decides to do it, this is okay with me. But one should know, in my opinion, what the possible risks...
Quite a bold thing to say if one's sample has the size of two, namely one's own feet.