or Connect

Posts by wheelerray

Quote: Originally Posted by gamelan for some reason, i feel it's a good day when grown men can discuss and debate the intricacies of tucking vs not tucking a button down shirt. -Jeff Amen. In High School leaving it untucked violated the dress code,so we rebels spat in the face of authority by leaving them untucked. But now that its OK, and even fashionable, its no fun. Also I think you younger guys pull it off better. Like a few...
Suggest you take it to a tailor, have it altered to exactly suit you, measure it, then send these measurements to LandsEnd.
I don't agree with the anti-black suit camp, and I don't think a white shirt looks too severe with a black suit. I think the contrast between the black and the white looks sharp. IMHO you risk looking a little overdressed, but that is not much of a 'risk' at a job interview because you want to look better dressed than the rest. If you're set on a different color, try a very light shade of your eye color--if they're brown try a tannish off-white. Personally I'd avoid...
Wore them when I was a kid, but when I tried to go back to them as an adult I found them extremely uncomfortable-- too narrow and no padding. Like walking directly on the cement. Just think, 30 years from now hipsters will be wearing Nike Air, Reebok, and New Balance from 2005 talking about what a classic, timeless design it is.
Personally I'd stick with the first pair. More of a mid-range brown, so more versatile. Also a darn good looking shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade One problem here is that the seller's account is brand new; it will cost him nothing to ditch it. But if the OP leaves a negative, he'll get one in return. Something to think about, is all. This is why a lot of bad sellers and purveyors of counterfeits have no bad feedback. Also why I stay away from all but a few trusted sellers. BTW, this is very likely NOT his first sale, just his first sale under...
I recently bought a dress shirt with multi-color thin stripes made from silk. Not flamboyant, not shiny. Got lots of complements. But otherwise, I already lived through the 70's. Don't need to revisit it wearing shirts with a sheen.
Quote: Originally Posted by kitonbrioni I have found these forums to be much better than any magazine on men's style. However, the forums lacks pictures of under-dressed pretty women--can't have everything, but there is The Sartonialist for women on and off bikes. You, sir, have either not been paying enough attention, or just not spending enough time on this Forum: Supermodels - who's the...
Ran a search and came up with minimal info on Gordon Rush shoes. Saw a pair at Nordstrom Rack for $110. Liked the style, but know nothing about the overall quality. Anyone?
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Since boat shoes are meant to be worn during watersport, wouldn't they dry even if totally soaked through? Wow, they're meant to be worn near the water?