or Connect

Posts by wheelerray

I too am primary fashion advisor for my wife, not because I'm that good at it, but because she's that bad. There are so many different things to consider when choosing womens shoes. Every occasion calls for differing heel height, shoe type (of which there are probably dozens, e.g., sandal, thong-type, backless, front strap only, closed toe, wedge, etc.). Then you have level of ornamentation ranging from none to rhinestone encrusted, and buckle/no buckle....
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 That sounds like a ridiculously low price considering the amount of work. If I'm not mistaken, basically the sleeves need to be detached, sides taken in, new armholes cut, sleeves need to be re-attached (can't use the same armhole as it will be too big for the sleevehead, no?) I have no idea of the mechanics behind it. All I know is they fit good afterward. The low price is the only reason I bothered...
I am really bad at choosing ties off the internet--they never match as intended. I get XMI at Nordstrom Rack for $20, Zegna for $30, and Robert Talbot Best of Class for $34.00. This is about 1/3 the original retail, so a pretty good deal.
I have the same problem, with a 17.5 neck, but only a 19" shoulder spread. My tailor has narrowed lots of my shirts accross the shoulders, but this can only be done if the sleeves are also too long, as they are shortened by the amount the shoulders are narrowed. So one solution may be to buy the same shirt, but with longer sleeves to allow the shoulders to be narrowed. My tailor charges only $22.00 to narrow shoulders, take in sides, and set sleeve length correctly,...
Quote: Originally Posted by kabert Finally, some shirts can be worn without stays -- it all depends on how the collar sits. Generally, though, if the shirt was intended to be worn with stays, wear stays. The worst, is men who wear a shirt and tie without stays - -somehow, when the shirt is buttoned up, unstayed collars have a way of curving upward, higher and higher as the day goes on. It looks unbelievably bad. They obviously have not yet...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing If taken as the not so subtle progression of literature beyond Naturalism it would be construed as the Johnnie Cochran of literature--flamboyant, egotistical and utterly hubristic. One critic called it a purple rocket crashing in the green fields of Zola. Frankly, plebian life is only good for so many pages before a literary Crassus crushes it. Wow, U guys r mart!
I grew up surrounded by poor white trash aunts. Anything they wore, I hate: 1. Flip-flops 2. Pink fuzzy slippers (inevitably dirty) 3. Hair curlers 4. Stretch pants 5. Large gaudy earrings 6. Horn rimmed / rhinestone encrusted sunglasses 7. Bright red lipstick Bleh, I jut threw up into my mouth.
I want a pair of Russels soooo bad. Still saving up.
Regardless of their fashion status, they are now made in China (I think) and are very uncomfortable.
Quote: Originally Posted by JET I think this is one of those things that's cool to look at but after awhile you'd get fed up with it. +1.