or Connect

Posts by wheelerray

In earlier years, I underwent my first radical change at age 25. Went from being 6'2", 170 lb to 195 lb just about overnight. Also went from being able to eat anything in any quantity and not gain weight to just looking at food and gaining weight. Normal part of aging and metabolism slowing down. Now at the age of 51 after wearing a 12D all my adult life, I suddenly need a 12EE. As I grow older I've come to realize an important fact: Gravity sucks!
I have not found AEs always true to size. Some models do, others run big. I would find a store and try on each model before ordering if you hope to get it right the first time via mail order. Be especially careful with loafers, as most I've tried on were big in my usual size.
Almost always the night before. Inevitably I'm unhappy later in the day with some part of the ensemble if I wait until morning to throw it together--I'm still just not practiced enought to do it right quickly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jared Even if you don't care about equality, using sex to sell stuff demonstrates a low opinion of the customers. Using sex to sell stuff represents an ACCURATE opinion of customers.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stylin-1 If you're trying NOT to get laid, Lee carpenter jeans should be a definite staple in your wardrobe, right along with Old Navy carpenter jeans. In stonewash even. Truth in Advertising: "Buy Lees, the most effective birth control available at any price."
With all due respect to what should be a sound idea, you have not taken into account that we are in the minority. WE would be the ones forced to attend remedial dress instruction where required Casual would be G-Star jeans with the waist at the crotch and the crotch at the shins, with a tee shirt dangling from underneath an XXXXL hoodie--of course worn with hood up even on a hot days. The latest and most atrociously gaudy, overpriced Air Jordans, sans laces, or at...
You guys are lucky. My wife can smell a new shoe from 30 yards away. Not a problem except she then wants to tip the scales back in her direction by spending her share of the budget (defined as 500 to 1000% of whatever I spent).
Quote: Originally Posted by California Dreamer Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to the aforesaid Mrs Dreamer. Yes, of course it makes sense to me and fellow forumites. I may be able to give you a head-start on how to best handle the "Mrs. Dreamer" issue. At the crux of the following suggestions is the old adage that "What she doesn't know won't hurt her." Because of this, you do not have to feel guilty--you are doing her a kindness...
Whichever brand you buy, I really recommend a floor model. The first one I bought had a door hook, and SUCKED. I then bought a floor model with telescoping rack similar to the Conair (forget which brand) that had a 1700watt draw, which I think is the most you can get for household 110v use, and love it. If I had the space for a steam press, I'd get one--but not until some kids move out.
I launder shirts every 2nd wearing, except in the winter when I wear tees underneath. I'll then go to every 3 or 4 wearings (10 hours per day). More importantly, I hand wash my shirts, then hang-dry, & iron while damp (or dampen with spray bottle). Pants I steam & reset crease after every wearing, then allow to hang for a day or 2. I dry clean only as needed to remove soil and stains very infrequently. Sweaters maybe once per season (short season in CA).