or Connect

Posts by wheelerray

Great shoes, really interesting look. But to me tassels are to shoes what black is to suits for most of you guys--a big HELL NO!
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso But what if one has unusually long or short arms? Thats me. Right length is clear to the tip of my fingers. (Short arms).
Quote: Originally Posted by kitonbrioni No doubt a steamer will pay for itself many times over and will save your suits from strange hotel cleanings. Small travel models are available, and most will work with european and asian voltages with an adapter for the outlet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lino It's like that in most stores now, and it is not the fault of the sales people. The stores are not bothering to train their sales people and the sales people have little to no way to find out the answers to questions like the one you asked. If a sales person shows even the slightest bit of knowledge about such things they are quickly promoted off the floor or they move on to better stores. Agreed. Management...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with that... while certainly you can wear long pants that are cool (linen or silk blends, especially), shorts in the same material are going to be cooler for the most part. Me too. If it is 80 outside you may not notice the difference. But we had a heat wave here last week and temps hit 117 degrees. Believe me, they're cooler. I recently bought a pair of...
I wear everything. If I buy something a little unconventional or really dressy my wife says; "Why are you buying that, you'll never wear it." I then HAVE to wear it, and often.
Here's the adjectives and descriptors I pulled from the OP: Confidence, strength, and class; Knows the difference between right and wrong and will make the right decision regardless of what others around him (her?) may think; Do not want to be known as conceited, arrogant, or full or themselves; Strength, honor, character; Not rude and dirty; Considers other men, and women, his(her?) best friends; Global, socially aware, confident, and compassionate. Don't see...
For pants I steam and touch up with an iron between wearings, but eventually then take them to the cleaners for a really good clean and press. I always do my own shirts. I don't want a commercial laundry beating my shirts to death. I used to have them do my cheaper ones, but no more. Even my cheap ones are an investment. I can wear a shirt twice if I steam it between wearings then touch it up with the iron. After the second wearing I presoak, hand wash, then...
Favorite: Linen square-cut shirt, MTM in Thailand last trip. Tommy Bahama linen shorts. Rockport flip-flops or Taryn Rose boat shoes, no socks (and GASP... I don't own a boat!) Sacramento weather requires dressing down when you're out and about-- 117 degrees yesterday.
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade Do you wear undershirts? Either way, I find that if I hang them up when I get home and let them air and rest, I can often get multiple wearings out of them. In this weather, that's harder. But I think mechanically washing dress shirts after every wearing is bound to "wear" them out. In cooler weather I steam, then hang to air out, & can then get 2 wearings. I also presoak, then using shorter wash...