or Connect

Posts by wheelerray

I recently bought a dress shirt with multi-color thin stripes made from silk. Not flamboyant, not shiny. Got lots of complements. But otherwise, I already lived through the 70's. Don't need to revisit it wearing shirts with a sheen.
Quote: Originally Posted by kitonbrioni I have found these forums to be much better than any magazine on men's style. However, the forums lacks pictures of under-dressed pretty women--can't have everything, but there is The Sartonialist for women on and off bikes. You, sir, have either not been paying enough attention, or just not spending enough time on this Forum: Supermodels - who's the...
Ran a search and came up with minimal info on Gordon Rush shoes. Saw a pair at Nordstrom Rack for $110. Liked the style, but know nothing about the overall quality. Anyone?
Now that's damned funny!
Quote: Originally Posted by redcaimen Obviously, the actual activity of grubby humans is going to fall short of any pristine theoretical condition, but I would say we are closer to a free market democracy containing some elements of manipulation by an oligarchy than an economically manipulated oligarchy containing some elements of democracy and free market. Then again Im a glass half full kinda guy. This way, when I drink the koolaide, I have enough to...
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. What leads you to believe this is true? . A smaller percentage of the population hold a larger percentage of the wealth now than pre-1980. You can start research here to verify: https://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/.../scfindex.html Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. The economy is not a balance sheet or even close to a zero sum game. There are winners and losers but wealth can be created...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad WTF is a "pure capitalist" society? One in which the government does not control the economy.
Quote: Originally Posted by johnapril No. Time for a pole, guys. I would but they took away my bump and my benis isn't up to it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Since boat shoes are meant to be worn during watersport, wouldn't they dry even if totally soaked through? Wow, they're meant to be worn near the water?
Here's my thinking: Assuming people with positive self-esteem tend to take better care of themselves, then; If you don't feel good about yourself, there may be good reason since you know yourself better than I know you, so; If you don't hold your own self in esteem, why should I take a risk on you? Shallow? No. Prejudicial? Definitely. I don't have time to get to know everyone, so I use predetermined criteria - prejudices - to make overgeneralized...