or Connect

Posts by wheelerray

When an Ebay newbie, I used feedback scores, and learned better quickly. I bought "designer" shirts for myself and purses for my wife. Feedback scores bore NO correllation to whether or not the items were fake.
I would guess point B. My wife avoids certain brands of purses due to the number of knock-offs she sees everywhere. I also agree that they are selling to two different markets. My wife would never, ever buy a counterfeit purse regardless of how well they matched quality. I, on the other hand never buy anything with a visible brand identifier, so do not have the same issue. If I like the style, and the price and quality make it a good value, I will buy it...
If neither of your fairly well-informed parents could tell, I think you're good to go.
Peau means skin in French, for whatever that's worth. Maybe it's the literal translation for "leather" and the tag was stating that in both French and English?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Checks As the President apparently now concedes: (AP) -- This one has gotten a little ic-ky for the White House. President Bush said Monday he wasn't trying to disparage the party now running Congress by referring to it as the "Democrat majority" "” as opposed to the "Democratic majority" "” in his State of the Union speech. "That was an oversight," Bush said in an interview with National Public Radio. "I mean,...
I just returned from Kathmandu, Nepal. While there I looked up Baron Botique. Its a hole-in-the-wall shop with some low quality bolts of fabric on hand plus a few swatch books with marginally higher quality fabric. I did not really expect much else, since all work in these small tailor shops is usually outsourced to local manufacturers. I took a good-fitting Jentzon shirt and a pair of Hugo Boss slacks of fairly low quality fabric and construction that fit great...
I think they get a harder than deserved rap here. I have a pair of their higher end dress shoes, and they are not ugly. Not gorgeous, but not ugly. They're also quite comfortable, being as easy to break in as my Allen Edmonds. They do have many ugly models, but most other manufacturers have an ugly design or two as well. Just pick a style you like.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cali Also what are the best ways to avoid getting scammed on shirts on Ebay? Just the standard feedback + being in the US or UK, or are there specific rackets to look out for? I've found feedback to be fairly worthless in avoiding counterfeit goods. The best way to avoid it is to buy high quality brands that are relatively unknown. For instance, I don't think anyone is bothering to counterfeit Canali dress...
I have an old pair of off-white G-Stars that are darted at the knees. There is also some fabric change or reinforcement at the knee. I don't feel like digging into the back of my closet to look closer, but they were OK, not as wierd as it sounds. Probably perfect for carpet installers.
Suggest you try them on in a brick and mortar store first. I have the Haastings, and after a little darkening with cordovan and brown paste to antique them, they really look good.