or Connect

Posts by mgomes

Dear forumites! I spotted a romantic gift I want to give (a personalized pillow case!) but the shipping cost is ridiculous to Portugal, Any kind US soul who can forward it to me for a modest fee? :-) I will happily return the favour!
Thanks for the feedback, I do think it's very expensive hence looking for possible similar alternatives. Yoox is always shoot'n'hope, there's nothing on it right now that fits my needs. If push comes to shove I might buy it if they offer some discount. It will play a "base" role so I'm prepared to pay more for something that lasts (spring/summer night out use) and be versatile. I already own a Boglioli jacket, like it a lot, but again nothing similar available, I was...
I've been looking for quite a while for a (specific) cotton dark blue blazer. I will use it for the occasional night out, dark jeans with a smart shirt and also for a business casual look. From all that I've tried the one I find more interesting and versatile had a subtle "piquet" cotton look and dark shade blue. Unfortunately it didn't fit (Yoox), others usually look like a suit jacket which I don't like (I wear a suit for that) and don't even mention gold buttons... I...
I'm looking out for a Mauro Grifoni Coat with a description of 50% Wool, 30% Polyester, 20% Cotton blend (lined). Normally I wouldn't give it much thought but I like the design and fabric color/pattern. Can this be a confy, warm coat despite this odd blend or should I stay clear? I know about the horrid rep Poly enjoys here but I own 2 Guglielminotti shirts with a Cotton/Poly blend that feel, fit and look amazing..
Thanks for the feedback ;-)
I'm looking for a new overcoat, I currently have a steel grey from Zegna and would like one with different color pattern. The Zegna is also 2 button and I would like 3 or 4 to be more closed. Do you think grey herringbone works with a suit (charcoal or navy) or is the pattern to "busy", to informal? I would use it as a workhorse, for business travelling and going to the office and also work with more casual attire? Here's one I've been looking out for: Attachment...
Found these D&G shoes browsing the other day, really like the colour and subtly distinct look. I know people are running for cover but frankly if I like the design, price is right, and the logo is not showing, I don't care. Trouble usually is of course, price is terrible, so I'm waiting for it to come down They have this sort of like norwegian welt(?) but I'm not certain, anyone know if this is just a gimmick or particular technique in the sole (the "ropey" bit...
Thanks, I'm hoping to buy 2 pairs, trouble with my choices is that although I really like´m, they are very expensive! Still browsing for more possible options, giving your suggestion a though ManofKent, thanks.
I'm shopping to upgrade my shoe stable with some suede shoes. After some browsing and searching here's what I've come up with. I'm looking for one option to wear with light color trousers (beige, very light greys, etc) like these below and others with darker color shades (medium to dark grey for ex): Attachment 44822 I'm aware that one shoe ain't gonna cover it but budget is an issue so cannot buy 5 pair of shoes. I think these church's would work well with...
Been browsing for some linen trousers to wear spring/summer, actually haven´t wear linen for several years so it's a comeback. What do you think of this Paul Smith one's? I already have several light hues in cotton so going for a different color, inclined to the "dove grey" (although they look green-ish to me). http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=15...69_183_6_XS_-1