or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Son Of A Stag, American Classics, Interstate, Present, Libertys, Hideout plus various vintage outlets are profiled here with pics: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...t=59502&page=4
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBobo i need to take my maltons to the cobbler and get them stretched. Revised sizing guide: trickers fit smallish for UK shoes! I have alfred sargent and grensons in the same size, both fit perfectly. The trickers last is narrow in the toes, and the toe box low.. Damn it. Sorry to hear that, I've always thought they were trim, too, altho the Stows are quite wide. What are your Grensons and Sargents? Pics??...
Quote: Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis Im still looking for someone to make me a pair of jeans from a spool of selvedge. Can anybody recommend someone in new york?? A neighborhood tailor might well be the most suitable person to do the job. However, be aware that your locally-made jeans will look different from the factory made ones, principally because they use different hardware. Much of the sewing on factory jeans is done with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent Smedley - nice knitwear. Pringle I think have seen better day's although maybe they're due for a revival - I wasn't impressed with the quality of recent stuff. Sadly true. I actually went into a Pringle shop at Christmas - I remember their socks were expensive, but excellent quality. Their priciest pair sported a nice, retro box, but the socks were made in China. Of course, we do have Cordings, most...
They look ok... the 505 never seem to fetch quite as much as the 501.
Quote: Originally Posted by Simontuntelder I like the mill flaw on the yoke... My 551zxx has that on the thigh, and I really like it. Little stupid thing, I guess. It is lovely - normally they don't make final production. I have the same on the thigh of my Roy x Cone - only because we specifically asked them to prioritise all the loom chatter. I like to think Roy kept one of the most flawed pieces of fabric for me...
They look like 47 - very nice. Edit: it says on the blog that they've never been washed - I don't really believe him, unless they've been dry cleaned. My 55 and 47 looked a very different colour after six months without a wash. Perhaps they've never been machine-washed?
Quote: Originally Posted by AlbertCamus I always thought double cuffing looked a lot better than single. I sometimes see double cuffs that look nice with chunkier boots; SIngle cuffing is a lot cleaner - a double cuff is too chunky, and they hang differently. But it's important to note that a big single cuff should hang short of your boots rather than sit on them. I was in the East End a couple weeks ago and saw a tall, Rasputin-style dude...
Quote: Originally Posted by ac_slater Some of you are forgetting a couple things. 1. This jacket is not selvedge. It may be raw, but it's not selvedge. Er, what has that got to do with the question? Whether it is selvage or not (and vintage Levi's 557 weren't selvage) has nothing at all to do with whether it should be soaked, or how it might fade.