or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Ah, here we go (evidence of 20 work minutes lost, going thru old posts). Courtesy of DocBlue at Superfuture. The WW1 boots can, of course, be ordered without nails. Note they are a much sleeker last than the other William Lennon [quote=DocBlue;2646685]
Quote: Originally Posted by bl@ster Only problem with WW2 Impressions is stocking. You often have to get on a waiting list for a run of footwear that can take 6 months to arrive. Deer: http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Rev...ots/index.html As for the William Lennon boots, their quality is excellent. I do agree though that their web presence is poor, but they're a pretty small operation I think. Each pair is custom made so be prepared to wait. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck "The term "selvedge" is often associated with Japanese denim and it refers to the byproduct of creation on a shuttle-loom. Selvedge denim is generally of higher quality than regular denim and gives the jeans a nice edge on the outseam of the pants. The purpose of this selvedge is mean to be so the denim does not unravel itself, however I have never heard of it happening on retail jeans and so it is really only...
Quote: Originally Posted by me32 Hello I recently purchased a the knappave jeans celerbration pack. There shorts but come complete with the cut off legs bag and a bandana. I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of value these are worth? These were on sale at considerably below retail, obviously they're a little hard to wear... I know of one person who bought them cheap and planned to sew the cutoff legs back on to make a...
The Buzz Rickson would probabyl be my go-to chinos (if I could afford them) but I haven't seen that Balloon silhoutte, which is pretty distinctive, almost like an 80s peg leg, but very elegant. Of course, we don't know how that sample actually looks, as a fit...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBobo Paul, wow, thats some great stuff! The balloon pants look superb, weird that they wont produce them. Any other makers that do wide denim chinos? Hi superbobo! I miss you over at SuFu! They produced the samples - but the retailer response wasn't good enough, that's why they didn't make it to production. A real shame.. I'm fine that they do the RRL-style distressed items, as long as it's balanced by...
Quote: Originally Posted by Simontuntelder Very nice pick-ups, Paul! Thanks Simon! Many of the choice items went to an LVC nut friend in SF and otehrs (at cost I hasten to add) but I kept a nice pair of Lot 66, which I've always wanted - great knackered pants for the summer - and the striped shirt, which is now one of my favourite items. It's the best LVC sample sale I've seen in seven or eight years... I can't justify getting much more denim...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy he was telling me that he is in touch with both Eric Clapton and The Edge (of U2) who are big fans of LVC and collectors as well. He has helped to locate special models for them. Clapton is a particular fan of the original LVC "1935 201", which is really more of a 501 replica. LVC fans should check out this page at SuFu: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...4314&page=1395 Quite a few models...
VERY nice items - and a pretty good price on the duck pants considering they're Valencia Street.
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent Most of the pics aren't showing for me, but a trip to his website made me drool ! Don't know what the problem is with imageshack and styleforum. Pics of the Indigo duck/leather Fothergill bag are here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...27#post2720827 And for the impatient... This is the second bag I've had from Matt, it's ridiculously good quality, and ridiculously good value...