or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Quote: Originally Posted by erbs Hi Paul! Its good to see you around here. The SuFu refugees keep streaming in... Do you (or HJJ) know if the current LVC collection is still made in the USA? Have they found a new factory following the close of Taylor Toggs? It is definitely still made in the USA (apart from odd items, mostly washed). I believe most of them are made at Caitac in California. I did update the 501 infor thread on sufu but......
Quote: Originally Posted by bbaquiran Either of the hacks posted in this thread should fix that for you. Hmmm. That means once you've pulled up the site, then emptied the cashe or reloaded, you have to wait for it to load a second time. Anyone got a clue as to how I permanently disable greasemonkey (ot that I ain't thanful for the hack, anything that could make sense of that mess is appreciated). Even if they sort out some of their...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBobo ^^Great blog post mr horrible. Im so looking forward to the shirts. But why oh why, LVC, when will new cotton duck repros show up? Unfortunately, they were not very popular both times around. I remember when they first produced the single pocket version, which was almost like a cotton duck Nevada jean, they had dozens on sale in the Regent store that Christmas. They weren't particularly popular when...
Quote: Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx I used to prefer Japanese brands over LVC but now I almost prefer LVC. Some years of the EU/US LVC range have so-so denim, though, but some are great. The jp LVC line is really good for most parts. INteresting to hear of your gradual conversion - I remember you had a downer on Cone denim, is that changing? Which years/models of denim do you prefer? One thing worth pointing out here is that while...
You're straying off the point. Gap have produced dry and/or selvage denim for at least a dozen years, overseen by one of the guys who backed Evisu back in 87. It would be better if you shared your own experience, of wearing Japanese denim and/or LVC.
There are so many variables in buying denim, that you probably should go with the ones that simply suit you best. LVC jeans are something of an orphan range - they haven't had the consistent care put into them by some of the Japanese makers, notably, as Kiya says, Samurai, Warehouse or Sugar Cane. There have been several errors in some recent LVC too - wrong pockets or detailing. That said, the best LVC are as close as you'll get to vintage jeans. My 50s LVC repros...