or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

For old stock, size up two inches for a classic fit, one for a skinny one. These are nearly all made one inch undersize. Current stock made at the new factory, from fall 08 on, will have 233m on the button or interior tags and is true to size, so if you wash cold you can generally buy actual size, for a fairly slim (but not a sufu) fit. The current denim doesn't seem to shrink a huge amount for the 47, the 55 seems to shrink more.
Rigid=dry goods. One of them is a package, and comes with a 50s-style t shirt. The new s/s 09 range is out in the UK now. Looks great; the 54 501Z is very nice, it looks like it's a rework of the original, distinctly slimmer than the 1955 501.
Quote: Originally Posted by pjw123 Alright, I know this has been answered before, but I was wondering if anyone has had the Nash, Cage, Starr, etc (any of the blake rapid soled PS mainline) resoled. I keep hearing different things and just want to make sure they can be resoled without having to go into a cobbler. ALSO- anyone know how common projects low court shoe would size compared to paul smith? I wear a UK 7 with paul, so what would i be in...
I wholeheartedly agree with this policy, and live by it, especially for everyday wear; one or two identical pairs of good jeans, and two styles of long-sleeve shirts, one or two style of John Smedley sweaters - parlty becasue it's so difficult to find quality clothes that wear well. Be warned, though. I got married last fall, and my best man detailed my 'anal' taste in clothes for what must have been 45 minutes or more, of course to lots of uproar from the assembled...
Quote: Originally Posted by pjw123 I got a pair of Cage's the other day and was told that they could be resoled (one of his mainline shoes, which are the current top tier and mostly blake rapid stitch constructed). I believe Church's manufactured them last year or so, but they are still great. I would like to know why yours couldn't be resoled... which ones did you look into getting resoled? What kind of sole do they have? Was it the mainline, PS, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by cchen Paul Smith. check out the huge thread in this forum I have owned, and loved, many Paul Smith boots - but they are not boots for life. My last two pairs, I was told, were not Goodyear-welted and could not be resoled. Altho I love Paul Smith products they are made by a variety of manufacturers, so you can't assume every one will last. You're better off with something like Trickers, which will.
http://www.premiumdenimoutlet.com/Sc...?idCategory=19 http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=38231
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked Pablo-T, it's eerie how identical the fades you developed on these jeans. Are they all LVC? I Thanks, glad you like them, these were nearly all the early Lee Euro Rider reissues, with fabric from Kaihara and Nisshinbo. Great jeans, which all cost around £55. Supposedly the first few pairs were Sanforized, the next few weren't, but it made little difference to shrinkage. Like LVC, the Lee repros, both these...
Quote: Originally Posted by wannabeagiant Pablo-T, what was your final shrinkage on your 55's and 47's after machine washing? My 1947, first pair, shrank from 34 to 32 1/4 in the inseam. The second pair only lost an inch, down to 33, after one wash at 30 or 40 degrees. I got my 55s in 32/32 as opposed to my usual 34/34, and they seem to have shrunk a full two inches in the leg (so now I can only wear them with mocs or deck shoes!) by the time...
Sorry if I come across as condescending. i am simply trying to save you time. I can understand that you're annoyed because I'm pointing out you're subscribing to an urban myth, but you'll have to deal with it, because that's what it is. If you want to wash out starch use soap - although that's not strictly necessary as starch is water-soluble. Salt and/or vinegar won't help. Nor will it prevent crotch blowouts! If you don't believe me, do some googling. Look at...