or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Quote: Originally Posted by modual I have the 47's in a 32" waist and the 55's in a 30" waist. (both raw). The 55's are indeed fuller even sized down. The rise is the same on both but the 55's are boxier around the ass and thighs. I've always worn 47's and love the slimmish straight fit. However i'm unsure about the 55's as they don't seem to be a particulary flattering fit and seem to be harder to pull off at least for me. If you want slim,...
Thanks Shorty, I think both the 1915 and 1917 look great; I wold love to see the two of the side by side to see the difference in the fabric, and compare the Cone vs Kurabo. I have to deliver a book in 3 weeks, when I'm done I might try Cone and LVC t see if I can get the story of the development of the fabric. I got a sample the other day of some wonderful selvage cotton duck that Cone have produced... altho I'm slightly puzzled by it, given that it's such a...
I locked myself out of SuFu cos I was wasting too much time on there, but when I'm back I'll be posting updates on: 55s. A good alternative to the 47; size down if you like them skinny. I bought my actual waist size but probably could have sized down an inch or two (ie if your standard waist is 32 inch, buy a 32 or 30W)... And as it's hot this summer, for the last 7 weeks I've been wearing my 1901. THese were very slow to fade, kept a dark inky blue, but once but...
IN addtion to the obvious question, about why this isn't in the FS section, if they haven't been hemmed, why do they not have the original chainstitching?
Check out The Clerk on SuFu. Also at http://www.departmentofworks.com/ He has a Union Special 43200G chainstitch machine, which is a big deal if you're into denim. He will be up and running soon. I believe he also runs a stall at Greenwich Market on Saturdays.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatlese the slanted rear belt loop. What is the purpose of this feature? The slanted belt loop is meant to evoke old jeans, like Wranglers and the 50s 501; these had a slanted belt loop to avoid stitching through so many layers of denim.
Quote: Originally Posted by TDV You mentioned 'yarns' having to due with fading, how does that work, exactly? Much of the look of denim comes from the yarns; whether you have OE or ring spun yarn affects the texture of the surface - how the cotton actually lies. One is simply blown together, one - ring-spun- is twisted. Ring spun gives far better texture when worn in - it's sometimes descirbed as giving more 'zing' to the fade. OPen End has an...
It's a meaningless question. Selvage started disappearing from jeans in the 1950s, by which time narrow looms were already being replaced by 50 inch inch shuttle looms. Most classic Lees have either half, or no selvage, and that's some of the most attractive denim to be found, period. There's an interesting question in there, which is whether projectile loom denim, which never has a conventional closed selvage is inherently inferior to shuttle loom denim, which...
DId you use your credit card with PayPal? If so, contact your credit card issuer and send them all the documentaiton. Depending on who they are, and where you are, they can be very supportive,. THe other alternaitve would be to contact PayPal; they claim only to offer protection on eBay auctions (obviously this is so eBay, their owner, can keep their monopolistic position) so that's a trickier route. THe normal issue here would be wehter you asked them to insure...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart I dont like blanket statements like this. how would you know it's better if you've never seen the Glory 55 and worn them? aside from whodini, I'm the biggest Crate/Secret Service whore-fan on this forum, but c'mon don't talk about one being better than the other if you don't really know because that kind of non-informed advice doesnt really help anyone now does it? Too true. I'd love to see the Glory 55...