or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Quote: Originally Posted by amin have you got an address for them?? cheers Department of Works is http://www.departmentofworks.com/ I recommend him, as do lots of guys on SuFu where you'll find examples of his work. He lives in Brighton and is at Greenwich Market on Saturdays I believe. I would always shorten before I soak, you get better roping on the hems. Incidentally, I believe those Levi's selvage, which have gone by different names,...
The selvage shirt from the 40th Anniversary collection is on sale, down to £15, at the Oxford Street branches. They had S,M&L on Friday. Sorry for poor photos, it's dark in London. Nice detailing; one pocket, visible selvage, the fabric is quite heavy. Incidentally, has anyone seen the chambray pullover from the 40th anniversary collection?
Quote: Originally Posted by TintoTerra I don't know who suggested Topman or Reiss, but those are basically the same as shopping at the Gap or Banana Republic. Save your sheckles for brands/shops that are unique to there or at least not available here in the US. I'm a snob, too, but it's worth checking out TOp Man on Oxford St all the same; it's way younger/edgier than Gap, their turnover is frightening and their prices really cheap. You might...
From memory, they were £265 or £295. Not a lot more than standard Trickers if you like Vibram soles (I don't). But if you don't want the hassle of going to the factory shop in NOrthampton, this is one of the best locations for Trickers in London. And the coffee's a bargain (altho this Sunday Gwylym was on COlumbia ROad, just round the corner). Also new this week, a damn good hat shop. The Laird of Glencairm, on Columbia Road. THis is what I'm wearing in the London...
PResent has many of the poeple from Duffer's behind it. Heartily recommended. GO on a Sunday, and don't miss Beyond Retro, and the other Brick Lane stores. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...71#post2050471
Takashi is something of a genius - I've dealt with him, although not bought clothing, but I would have no hesitation in handing him my $$$$$$$$$.
SInce Belstaff was sold to the Italians, the prices have been hiked by around 80%; worse still, the London flagship stocks the novelty designs, few of the classics, and is staffed by arseholes. For this reason I'm coming round to the idea of a Barbour International, despite by inverse snobbery about the brand, which over the last few decades has been worn by people who own a Land ROver solely to transport their kids to school. McQueen according to some reports owned a...
The jacket is Levi's 557 - I think it's an 80s or 90s version, piece-dyed black, with the extra pockets (I nly had a quick look). The four-pocket version might have a different code from its blue 2-pocket cousin, but if you ask for the piece-dyed black 557 in a store, they should know what you mean.
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart i heard last week from a guy who works part time at Son of Stag that they're supposed to get in a shipment of Real McCoy and Studio D'Artisan soon so they'll have some Japanese repro offerings besides Lee and LVC, and as mentioned have the only Union Special chainstitch machine in the country. Well, one of two. Cary at The Department of Works has his up and running and has posted the results at SuFu:...
Son of a Stag is on Drapers Walk, Truman Brewery, Brick Lane; carries a decent range including Lee, Leiv's etc - tey now have a Union Special chainstich machine so can alter the length of your jeans and keep the right style of hem. Butchers of Distinction has indeed closed down. Beyond Retro on Cheshire St, just off Brick Lane, sells vintage stuff. You will pretty much always find Pg E and Stormrider jackets, with occasional choice 50s items, hats, old Converse, you name...