or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Quote: Originally Posted by djtooshay Cheers for your help, Pablo. I did it. Pulled the trigger on the 1947's. I'm a true W31, so went for W33/L36 and plan on soaking once right away. Will post pictures! Good luck. I hope that was a measured 33, not a nominal 33, which is likely bigger.
Quote: Originally Posted by jet Heard LVC is a mess now I will not be copping. ? Complete raw range now always available, made in the US; New sunset shirts; Obscure new items for denim nerds, like the cotton duck closed front jumper; New, smaller organisation which hopefully means more attention to detail; new denims, like the Cone 1915, among the best LVC or anyone else for that matter has produced LVC finally available in the US...
Quote: Originally Posted by djtooshay I'm still struggling with figuring out my size in the 47's. I'm a true W31 in pretty much everything, and have stretched out nicely a pair of APC NS's in W29. Do I go for a W32? Anyone? Email your retailer to find actual size, and then best bet is to size up by one inch - TTS if you really want them skinny, altho the 66 model is better for downsizing as the thighs aren't so slim. Older 1947 production is...
Hello Leonard! 55s looking good. HEre are my 55, last week: And my 47, this week: Both were 2006 or 2007 production. I take a 32 waist; the 47 were W34, actual size 33 before soak, the 55 were W32, actual size 32, the waist on these stretches and they end up slightly roomier than the next-size up 47.
Chainstitching - more correctly, a double lock chainstitch - is a fascinating part of the construction of jeans; it changed the look of them when it appeared in the 30s, and even the way it sets up internal tensions changes the textures; they are also more powerful than predecessors like the Singer, and could stitch through heavy fabric more easily. As for the hem itself, this can look different with different machines - even the form of foot you use on a Union Special...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Perhaps from a repro detail perspective but functionally speaking, and with all due respect, who gives a shit? ...But give out general advice for tell some kid Podunk, KS or Papa New Guinea to read that his jeans don't look right because he didn't send them out to the right vintage machine is just a touch on the side of snobbish douchebaggery. Given that this is a forum with a healthy membership of people who spend...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini I still standby my vote for people not wasting their time tracking down a Union Special... You're not missing out on a damn thing. Apart from the fact the stitching looks different. PLenty of modern jeans manufacturers (H&M, TopSHop) have chainstitched hems - but they look recognisably different from 50s hems, or LVC, or SC. Not nesessarily worse, but definitely different. As for a standard...
Quote: Originally Posted by almostnice strange,we grew up with them in germany here and never ever got any kid hurt or killed by choking small parts... It's American lawyers who force them down their children's throats so they can make money.
Vintage no-name flight jacket, Tootal, LVC 1955, Grafters dealer boots
Quote: Originally Posted by cmo Couple of cheapies on ASOS... Gap workshirts for £11. Bargain. http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=778470 http://www.asos.com/Gap/Gap-Chambray...t=-1&clr=Denim THanks (and rep) CMO. This shirt is pretty good in the flesh - nice greyish fabric and good detailing. I don't normally do Gap, but for £11 this is a no-brainer. Armpit to armpit on S is 19 inches approx.