or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Quote: Originally Posted by lupin23rd I've got some pre-washed LVC 47s from what I think is 2008, would the fit on these be similar to what the same size in raw would fit like? I'm a little unsure because I had tried on another pair of 47 pre-wash 2 sizes larger than the one I bought and they still wouldn't button up. No. Prewashed give no clue because they're usually made in a different factory, sometimes from different fabric. Sorry! THere...
1955. Worn true to size, maybe 10 months' wear, 3 washes.
Edwin jeans tend to be excellent value, they were one of the first vintage-style denim manufacturers in Japan and they also make the excellent Lee and Wrangler repros. Personally I hate the coin pocket selvage, but the detailing and the denim look excellent for the money.
Yeah! Glad to see this thread. I'm a fan, hoping to get a spare day to make a pilgrimage to the factory shop this fall. These Stow are now two years old, probably a year's consistent wear. The Bureau in Belfast do some beautiful custom versions: http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop...or-the-bureau/ And Present, Shoreditch, have an interesting range of Vibram sole versions. Not to my personal taste but I always love to see Tricker's featured in a new...
The photos are of genuine items but the site is obviously bootleg. Many of the descriptions don't match the relevant jackets. If you sent them money, perhaps you'd get a cheap and nasty fake, more likely you'll get nothing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa Instead of buying the jacket you actually want, you bought two of a jacket that looks only kind of like it and are now going to try and pay for a third party company to install armor in it? Is the Mojave really a Belstaff jacket? A brand bought by an Italian company, who move all production to a different country, get rid of the old designs and replace them with up-priced replicas, introduce naff leather...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shorty Long Actually, the 646s El Argentino found are indeed LVCs. One hell of a find. They were a US exclusive, during the period that we had our own LVC output (roughly 2005-06, I think). My wife had two pairs, one "deadstock" and one finished. That's certainly possible, they did indeed have some orange tab in the LVC line before they introduced the whole range; the ones I saw in Europe all had LVC tags, but...
I think these are the Orange Tab reissues of roughly a year ago. Which were reissues, but not distributed by LVC. They were great, not quite LVC prices, I think I saw them retailing for £100 or so. Good catch, I think. A lot of denim nerds who have gone beyond the simple 'selvage is best' philosophy love the fading and other qualities of the Orange Tabs. I believe that is OE yarn - which is getting increasingly hard to find! Can't find my catalogue, but here's a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mentoring_Life Uncontrol, i don't mean to be rude...but i saw a post of what seemed like a newcomer earlier (which you commented in) Now my question to you is, are you like this to all new people? Or am i just getting the special "fuck off somewhere else" treatment No, you're right, not him. He's king of the internet. So what? But rather than an all-purpose cry for help, why don't you prioritise? You've got...
This is terrific. We buy denim; the democratic, working fabric celebrated for its association with hard-bitten cowboys, dustbowl icons, rosie the riveter, rock'n'rollers and skinheads. And then we scream: Oh no, there's a wrinkle in my hem! The solution, of course, is to cut them off at the knee and wear them as shorts.