or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

Yup, they do. I believe the reinforced pair are based on a patent in Levi's files that was recently printed in Mike Harris's book, it's a less detailed pic but the same style. Il'll post a pic soon if no one else does. Glad you like them, you've always had good taste (which could simply mean i like the same things you do). Not sure about inseam length... it will at least be easy to alter these, as they predate the chainstitched hem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Simontuntelder Mor info on the Elfelt jeans, please. I am looking up SUFU, right now, but a quick sum up would be great. These are made by Rising Sun, some of whose early repros, especially their duck items, are amazing. I don't know too many details about the denim, I know at one point some of them were Sanforized, which doesn't really fit the vibe, but they have some great items. HEre's a wear pic and then some,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Simontuntelder If someone here has a strange body type or a nice wifey that needs som spoiling (don't spare the rod of course) Then these may be worth a look http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-LEVIS-70...item43a298a8bc Have you seen these before, Paul? I haven't. But I assume they are a 40's (painted arcuate) women repro (number 701 and pink selvage), right? They could be fake for all I know, but I'm guessing they...
It's been a fantastic time for fans of really old jeans, with Mike Harris's discoveries of early Levi's history, plus repros of chouce items like the Elfelt pants. Now here's another one whcih I think ranks up with them. Levi's files are notoriously incomplete, thanks to the fire that followed the 1906 earthquake. But some time ago they discovered paperwork for a pair of pantaloons with reinforced crotch and knees, in a design a little like a cross between the 501...
Those two photos are a little misleading -the Acorn looks much paler in the flesh. I have the Marron - side by side with the acorn, there's a huge difference. The Acorn, to me, is the signature Stow colour - very unusual & instantly recognisable. (My Marron are a factory shop pair, they didn't have the Acorn at the time). The Bureau's photos are pretty true to life: Marron; Acorn .
Quote: Originally Posted by Justhandguns Dear all, I am actually in search of an online shops which sell the Belstaff 556 bag. I came across this site offering this unreal discount price for the bad as well some many Belstaff jackets. http://www.belstaffjackets.co.uk/bel...brown-p-2.html I just wonder if anybody has dealt with them? The prices are just too good to be real!?!? Any suggestions? Yes, they're fake. HAve cropped up on...
And do you really own a 57 Gold Top? Respect!
Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC Good to hear. I usaully like things that are made in INdia. Just because i think it is such a romantic type place......where yoga is so common and India reminds me of the British Empire and things like that. I usually dont like made in china things but when it comes to converse that seems ok. Nice. India ≠ Indonesia.
Yup. I've actually seen LVC in quite a few new stores in London; but as their prices approach many of the Japanese brands, they need to approach their consistency. The detail should always be spot-on (they usually are, but not always) and in practical respects, like sizing, they need to be consistent (and at the moment, it seems they usually aren't). If they use this as an opportunity to get to a new level, it will be the making of them. I hope they do.
Quote: Originally Posted by wannabeagiant Yeah, I think they've went up 50 euros in the past year. In the past, there were several different LVC - Europe, US and Japan, each with slightly different ranges, each subject to the whims of their local head office. Now, LVC is part of an independent worldwide operation, XX. The good news is that they have a dedicated team, can react more quickly, and are less likely to get lost in the corporate...