or Connect

Posts by Pablo-T

I'm sure it's legit if it's aero. (The black Levi's on the tab is easily explained by the fact it's over-dyed, which I couldn't tell from the first photo. ) I presume it's 2006, there were some nasty looking distressed items around that time. Must be one of the first Turkish-sewn items. THe Sanforized proucts (505 and 557) as well as many of the washed jeans are produced there.
Doesn't look good but would need to see better photos, including the whole jacket, and the tags. I was looking at some of the distressed jackets recently, one in particular - which might have been swap meet - looked unfeaibly like my knackered vintage Big E. Yours looks nothing like, in terms of the fabric as well as that non-standard tag. But wouldn't like to condemn it before a fair trial.
They're looking great. SLow faders, and they\e really keeping their indigo. ANother four months of solid wear and the naysayers will be eating their words.Thanks for posting.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Also, it was more of a comment on the countless other brands that also use white oak and at the end of the day sort of blend together in a haze. I think Leiv's have a near-monoply on denim that's developed for LVC etc, which is why most other non-LEvi's Cone you see is similar, or non loomstate. With a decent sized run they could afford to spec denim as good as LVC. Whether they would is another matter, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Unless I'm mistaken, this pair isn't a repro. THey're a generic 501; so the question is which Cone denim it is. It could fade brilliantly, like the 55 or 44, or it could look like crap - this might have some bearing on whether they're decent pants or not.
Quote: Originally Posted by zissou Hmm, then it would seem that the article I had read that stated that LS was selling denim work pants since the mid 1800's was not correct? zack- I was quite likely nitpicking too much in my responses, so I do apologize. TO err is human, to apologise divine. The number of errors in articles on early Levi's is probabyl beyond counting. At lot of mistakes are Levi's own ones, from two decades ago, which...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini They probably start to wear like any other pair of Cone selvage Levi's. It all looks very, very similar. Just google. The 47, 44, 55 and 66 denim all look very different once soaked, and probably even more so six months in (the 1800s versions are generally similar).
Quote: Originally Posted by zackwool And besides my misquoting one date, I don't think my other statements were too far off. I went to Levi's site and studied their heritage section: http://www.levistrauss.com/about/heritage before making those statements as I wanted to be certain i was correct (don't have all the dates memorized). Levi's patented the riveted blue jeans. They were the first. Did they make other products prior to that? Yes. Did they...
Quote: Originally Posted by zissou If you really want to get technical, the 501, which was first called the XX first appeared in or around 1873. There were certainly 'blue jeans' before then. Jacob Davis first made riveted blue jeans (work pants) prior to applying for a patent with Levi Strauss in 1873 If you're going to pounce on newbies, zissou, I think you should cut them more slack! Jacob Davis's workpants were mostly made of white duck,...
Simon, I wish I knew where to source a good pattern. The time-hallowed way is to find a favourite pair and dissect them. I am told, by a denim expert I respect, that the best way to start out is with shirts -you can start to perfect your technique with stitching, and with usually lighter fabric.