or Connect

Posts by Aperipan

Quote: Originally Posted by unjung I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.
They have nukes. We fear nukes. That's enough to form any tenuous relations don't you think?
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles If you major in something like engineering and get a master's, many good law firms will hire you out of college to work for them (for example, in patent law). These firms will encourage you to work + get a law degree - at the same time, and they will pay for it. My friend did that at a firm in NYC and Fordham Law (it's not Yale, but it's not a complete joke either). Of course, this assumes you are okay with working...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe are they taking taking poltical control of the places directly? invading with armies or other things. using this definiton of your most western countries are colonizing as well soem part of the world. Looks like early stages of that development. We'll find out in 2020.
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe that i know but still the using the term is off base because of the negative sense it gives,the chinese have not direct power only indirect the same as any major in ivestor does in an economy with relativly limited resources. I don't see how you can view the situation only through the lens of finance, notwithstanding the political ties between state owned businesses and the Chinese government. These are not...
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater I don't know what to think of this thread. So what's the most important thing you've learned in law school? Please share.
Quote: Originally Posted by skidsm +1 ? I don't get it.
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah Honestly what is the point of us having relations with Pakistan? A good deal of the country is considered terrorist territory where they don't obey the laws of the government, behead Americans, etc. They attack Democracies in the area like India and commit terrorist acts there. And they also provide support to the Taliban to attack Afghanistan. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 There was only one african guy (Nigerian) and he was his body guard (the man was holding a rifile and wearing an official uniform). read the caption carefully and you will learn the Chinese guy is a "special advisor" to the president and a chief (a title that he probably bought). I think Chinese investment across Africa is pretty good. Europeans and Americans for the most part overlooked the continent and instead...