or Connect

Posts by jarude

You are at Dan Green's gym, right? How many famous lifters have been through there?
Cool. You must feel awesome after some of those days, lol. I appreciate you looking into it. TBH I am not diving into it full-on as I was before at this point for obvious reasons, but I am still incorporating some kind of daily squat to at least grease the groove. Any perspective from the gurus of that philosophy is great. IIRC the first time around I would alternate heavy belted low-bar squats with lighter no-belt HB, front squats, or SSB squats. I’m pretty sure I did...
Depends on what you're able to do, but I really enjoy Meadows rows if you're looking for a 1-arm variation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY4YjAHcWrw
Smith machines get a bad rap due to the dumb stuff people tend to do in them, but they're really quite useful in the case of injury or the lack of other equipment. Bent rows, reverse bench/guillotine/other bench variations, BTN presses, etc - all good stuff that can be done.
Good to know. How does the intensity vary for you from day-to-day? Week-to-week? Do you alternate light/heavy or how does your coach go about it?
The police auctions where I am are a ripoff - its not necessarily a great deal. YMMV though. Daily training is really helping the elbow heal I think. I had Sat, Sun, Mon off lifting and by Tuesday morning my elbow and shoulder felt like hell. Have done a bench day and squat day since then and I feel great. It might be worth greasing the groove on the weekends to keep me mobile.
Orient yourself with some brand names, cruise kijiji and plug in whatever you find into http://www.bicyclebluebook.com/. Haggle if the prices don't line up, repeat if necessary. I got this for a few hundred bucks, seems good. But then again I don't know anything about bikes so I don't have a point of reference... at least this way I know I didn't get ripped off.
Those B&B tees look great - thanks for that. Also, Henrik Lundqvist.
What kind of tees have you guys been having luck with? I have a couple Uniqlo ones that VLSI (does he still post here) kindly donated my way some time ago, but despite all being tagged size L, they all fit wildly different. Is there a tee that: - Is cheap (~30?) - Has raglan sleeves or wider shoulder seam - Longer, hits mid-ass point instead of sitting on the hips - Not high enough armholes / slim sleeves to be a complete bro-shirt, but also not low-enough armholes /...
That's.... unexpected