or Connect

Posts by jarude

I guess putting too much weight () on the idea of scale weight loss is going to single a particular few people out in a bad way - there's a couple people that are huge and my boss feels like it would be perceived as targeted. Plus I fucking hate the biggest loser and everything associated with it - we are more concerned with reducing occupational injuries; bunch of people here have bad backs, carpal tunnel, ***internal rotation*** etc.
Anyone have ideas for an office fitness incentive? We have a staff of largely inactive people who literally won't work out even when they're paid to - we have a gym in the basement and everyone gets 2h/week paid to get away from their desk and workout, but few people do it. Biggest loser challenge is out as a matter of principle. Boss has tasked me with getting people into it - thinking of putting people into teams, setting up a few set workouts, teams earn points for...
Secondhand. Buying gym stuff new is a fool's game, people are always getting rid of it for pennies. Olympic plate should be 50-70c/lb tops.
rhet, how to deal with office lifers addicted to inspirational quotes? if I get one more email telling me "the difference between try and triumph is a little umph" im going postal
rehab progressing along nicely. ART is fucking magic. maybe i should go back to school again to be a chiropractor, learn how 2 ART, and save lifting bros lives while making decent money.
fat is the tastiest macro, i dunno how you guys don't eat obscene amounts of it everyday. fact: everything tastes better with fat.
did a kijiji pickup for an ad titled "universal machine, barbell, weights" for $125. universal machine = cheap junk gold's gym brand half rack with lat pulldown. weights = 250lb regular old olympic plates. barbell = oldschool york split sleeve w/ end cap collar bar with powerlifting marks and nasty knurling. easily worth the price of admission alone. kept on thanking the lady profusely; she was stunned i drove an hour to pick it up. i have been making awesome pocket...
lol yeah in all serious i am making progress. ART is magic shit. it's been nearly 2 months now and a lot of the issues have cleared up... its hard to qualify exactly how, but there's been a lot of improvement. still can't go into full flexion without pain, but its getting better. get your knee fixed now, i'm about 10 months from when i initially hurt myself.
Sick session today brahs, mad weight and rep PRS: 100 elbow circles 1lbx18,15 tricep extension 1lbx15,15 curl Tbandx15,15 tri extension Tbandx15,15 curl Band supinationx25,25 Band pronationx25,25 Band reverse wrist curlx20,20 Band radial deviationx20,20 Reverse wrist curl eccentric 2lbx15,15 Supination eccentric 2lbx15,15 Feeling so fucking swole, dat pump. Will post bids.
Thanks! I've done a few 5ks in the past and grew up playing soccer, swimming etc. so while largely untrained I'm still athletically inclined. I hadnt run in at least 8months prior to starting training, and when i did it was to do an extremely infrequent one-off. This is the first time I trained for a run - I'd say I had about 75% compliance to the plan, slacking off closer to the run date, but I'm pretty happy with the results. There's a charity 5k coming up in October so...