or Connect

Posts by jarude

What's a good, budget-ish provider of simple, quality leather belts? Tanner is a little much for what I'd like to spend on a belt ($CAD is bad), and while Corter seems ideal with their 3-for-$99 deal, the Corter thread turned me off from them entirely.
I thought about the last not being ideal as there's something other than the sizing that feels funny about the boot - I'm "clomping" more than doing a regular heel-toe motion, but perhaps that's just the break-in factor. These things are snug enough - toes just touching the end of the boot when walking - that I'd take my chances with a stretcher. Do you have any recommendations?
Could you comment more on the stretcher? I'm so torn on these things. They're incredible boots but I slipped on my 1k's to give my feet a break and they were so much more comfortable.To be honest I went off my 1k size - 8.5. I'm an 8.5 on the chromexcel 1ks and 9.0 in the Morley roughout version, so based on what I had read 8.5 seemed good for OSB. Never did get on a brannock device so I didn't do my proper due diligence in sizing these.I'm wearing thin dress socks at the...
Can anyone comment on how much the Trench Boot stretches? I read the sizing information on their site that says to "go snug, it'll stretch." I went snug and find my toes just touch the end of the toebox while walking. I don't mind that so much, it's just the ankle is stiff as hell - I earned some blisters by wearing them about for a day. I like my boots to fit like a glove but I've never had a pair of boots this stiff. I'm wondering if it's worth my time to wear them...
What's the standard jeans/pants rec for squatting thighs these days? Seems like Kierin cuts are a thing of the past.
Haha, I remember your ridiculous leanness IF days. I don't mind muscle gain being at a disadvantage. I've managed to maintain or even make slight gains while cutting for the last month, but with Mexico being 5 weeks away I'd rather do as much as possible to get lean now and then worry about gains after.
Got some ECA on the way. Thinking about changing my daily routine so instead of eating breakfast first thing in the AM then lifting before my 8-4 job, I would fast all day/dose ECA, snack at 3, lift at 4, eat between 5-11. Id have an hour lunch at 12 where id be twiddling my thumbs, but other than that it seems like the best way to get a good fast in. Anyone else try fasting through the day?
Are Kierin cuts not a thing anymore? Finally have enough dollars in the clothes budget to justify buying nice pants and they're discontinued. I see there's jeans going by the same name, but they're branded as "relaxed fit" and don't have a hem measurement which worries me, not to mention the site looks like a bad ripoff.
deets
Sous-vide has turned pork tenderloin from the worst of all meat cuts to something superb. Did it at 140 for 4 hours with nothing other than salt, pepper, and steak spice and it came out a juicy medium that came apart like pulled pork. Delicious and cheap to boot.