or Connect

Posts by jarude

Yup. It's funny how much of a difference a more suitable stance can make.
Yeah I'm terrified about the sleep thing. Realistically, kids are about 3 years out, but.. ugh. Nephews are staying with us this week and they all decided to wake up at 4:30 today and it's bad enough for one day, I can't imagine that being my waking life for years at a time. Sleep deprivation was the worst thing in the army. 48 hours in and I started seeing Coke machines on wagons coming out of the fog (0).
I think the Brad Pitt thing is more about beginners not understanding lifting. It's them being told to lift if they want to look like him instead of doing pushups and going for a run afterwards, only to have them say "I don't want to look like Arnold" as if getting huge overnight just happens as soon as you pick up a barbell. No, not everyone has to be a powerlifter, but if you want to look like a famous shirtless celebrity then there's a good chance some amount of...
Yeah... drastic cutting doesn't sound too appealing, lol. I'll probably just focus on getting some more sun beforehand since I'm pretty happy with how I look. This was 5 weeks ago, vacation in Italy in full give-no-fucks mode with pasta and gelato 3x/day: This is today: Doesn't really count since this was immediately after an upper workout, but I'm feeling pretty good where I am. Probably about 75% compliance to a deficit across the last 5 weeks. Currently 177lb,...
I was thinking more along the lines of weigh-in strategies that people use to make weight for a day and then bloat up again... But licking assholes is great too I guess??
Canadian healthcare system, I'll be on a waitlist for 3 years
Do you squat everyday?? Hehe... That powerlifter physique. Nice job dude. You are 6'4" right? Does your coach cycle in any hypertrophy work or it is straight up strength?Also, I remember you advocating shorter bulk/cut cycles once upon a time... Could you expand on that? And, for that matter - I have an event where I'll be shirtless in front of all my coworkers in 10 days, what's the best way to drop as much as possible in that timeframe?
Another Tuesday session done means another week until dumbbell split squats. Fffffffffffffff dumbbell split squats.I got a road bike a few months ago and it made losing weight harder, because any ride for any appreciable distance/at any appreciable effort level made me hungry as hell. That's on me though, I suppose its just like anything else once you adapt to it. You can burn crazy calories without (seemingly) as much effort (in my case).sup btw
I think context is important. Sure, high frequency in a vacuum isn't bad per se, but when you're dealing with a total beginner who doesn't know anything I think it can lead to bad things. Demotivation would be my prime concern; SS/SL are bland programs that plateau you pretty quickly even in the best of situations. A newbie who doesn't know about training feels who just keeps running into a wall because he can't sustain 3x/week max intensity squats because he isn't eating...
Yes. It's ridiculous. Yesterday some guy asked "hey I want to get strong but not big so I want to get stronger and leaner" and the thread devolved into "do Starting Strength or Stronglifts while eating in a calorie deficit" Yeah, 3x/week squatting 3-5x5 on a linear progression for a beginner in a calorie deficit! What could possibly go wrong?Good to hear. I am at the point where as long as I don't do anything stupid, I can more or less do 80% of what I want to do. What was...