or Connect

Posts by distinct

I'm putting this out here first, and if I don't get any hits by tonight I'll put it on e-bay and link to it here (if that's allowed). I've got a Brioni dress shirt that doesn't fit me. It's for a larger guy, size 17/43. I'd put the color at a mild pink, almost lavender. The body is the same color, only lighter. Beautiful shirt... the fabric is really soft 100% cotton. Anyhow, the shirt has no stains, rips or loose threads. Collar & cuffs are in great shape. All the...
Seems remarkably trashy to me, but to each their own I suppose.
I'd go for the first one, it's gorgeous. The second one... meh, it's not my style. Either one would go well with jeans IMHO, but the second one would give you that pole-up-the-ass look. Not so casual.
Quote: Originally Posted by johnmosby Hey, I'm sure there's a thread on this but I couldn't find it. Anyways, I need some black shoes for my new job and I figured I might as well buy a pair that I will wear outside of work. They are supposed to be non-slip but all the non-slip certified shoes are ugly as sin. Anyways, I'm looking for some black oxfords I could also wear with jeans. Any style is fine, but I'd prefer: black. sleek, but not too...
Quote: Originally Posted by jmoody15 Why the obsession over longwings on this forum? What do people have against wingtips? Everyone likes something that's sleek, but longwings seem clunky to me. What is the purpose for avoiding the sleeker wingtip for its ugly-duckling-cousin, the longwing? Yeah I'd have to go with wingtips. Something about most longwings, especially in brown, just doesn't look right to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Concordia Ran into a website called www.gwatch.com. Among their nicer-looking (and not too expensive) listings were the Meer Keos and Pharos, the Meistersinger Scrypto 1Z 38mm, and the Rosen Perseus. Anyone had any experience with these, or can otherwise comment on quality/reliability? A. Lange & Sohne would be my recommendation. Absolutely beautiful watches, inside & out.
Not sure if this is the right place for this kind of post, but I was recently at a place called The Garment District in Boston and they had 6 or 7 Hermes ties in new condition. I didn't bite as they were $40 and I don't often wear silk ties, and have enough as it is. Really nice ties though, for anyone who might happen to be in the area.
Really, just go with one that suits you and, more important, one which you actually like. It also may depend on what your circumstances are. You look young, so perhaps you're in school? If that's the case, you can get away with a lot more than if you work in a strict corporate environment (although with the way corporate dress has been going down the tubes I wouldn't be surprised if you could dye your hair green). I don't have any direct suggestions, aside from I think...
I wish pants were still cut that way...
Quote: Originally Posted by tommboy I thought the ONE thing you couldn't change on the jacket was the shoulder size? They are tailoring everything else (sleeves a tad longer, expanding the back a little bit, expanding the butt area and of course making the pants the right length) What would the jacket do if it was to small in the shoulders? From what I understand, if it is too small in the shoulders you're basically shit outta luck unless...