or Connect

Posts by Milgauss

If you're a slim 5ft 6" I would suggest River Island for the suit. Ted Baker also sells nice suits but they are double the price. Check out House of Fraser for shirts, ties, belts and shoes - there's a big range of brands and this weekend there was 20% off. Zara is also good for shirts and ties. The sales would be the best time to get shoes, but you'll have to wait till the end of June. Again, try House of Fraser since they do Loake, Barker, Oliver Sweeney, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY Mostly, how does London and the rest of the United Kingdom compare to Milan, Naples and Rome? But I am also asking about London and the rest of the United Kingdom versus all areas in Italy other than Milan, Naples and Rome. I found the shopping excellent in Rome - I don't mean the designer boutiques but mid-range 'smaller' shops (eg on Via Nazionale) that sold excellent clothing at very reasonable...
Took a couple of pics this afternoon of my C&J Edgware with my 10 year-old Olympus digital SLR, which has been resigned to the cupboard for the past two years as it's just too big to lug around anymore, when I use a tiny IXUS nowdays for social events and holidays.
In general, no - you can normally get discounts from an AD and certainly good discounts at a grey dealer or from dealers in Singapore. However, the reissue Polaris would (I'm guessing) hold its value if not appreciate - it's also a beautiful watch.
It's more the specific models that hold/increase their value than the brand as a whole. Not every Rolex or Patek will hold its value. Most Rolex vintage sports/professional models will at least hold their value - (eg vintage Submariners 6204, 6538, 5510, 6536, 5513, 1680, 5517 COMEX; all vintage Daytonas; s/s Zenith daytonas; 1655 Freccione Explorer II, 1019 Milgauss, etc) New models - mainly the s/s Daytona, GV Milgauss and DeepSea SeaDweller will all probably hold...
No worries - if you want a watch with an easy to read dial (and I don't know how large your wrist is or if you like these suggestions) how about a Rolex Explorer / Panerai Base / Omega Planet Ocean / JLC Master Control / IWC Big Pilot? Quote: Originally Posted by pabloj I was more along the lines of a simple design I wasn't clear enough, sorry
Well, Stowa and IWC are famous for their pilot watches, but Mazzuoli only started producing watches a few years ago and they were not designed as pilot watches. They might look like pilot watches with the large case and thin strap, but the design came from a bicycle tyre pressure dial (I think his father/grandfather owned a bicycle shop in Italy). I've met Mazzuoli in a London launch of his watches - he's a nice guy and his watches are very cool, although many...
x2 If you'd just given a list of watches and asked us to choose it would have been much simpler and relevant. Putting in the option of another watch AND saying price no issue makes it impossible to give you a helpful answer. The watches you have selected are not expensive in watch terms, and of those listed I would go for an IWC every time. If you want suggestions on other watches you need to be more specific e.g. case size, material, strap/bracelet,...
Maybe I phrased it wrong - it certainly isn't specific to this forum. If you have been a member of different watch forums you will have noticed a lot of snobbery and jealousy between various brands. I don't think SF has these attitudes but sometimes I feel the attitudes displayed are very outdated and black and white. Again, it seems that everyone has to wear a certain style or design just to demonstrate they are a gentleman (how do you qualify to be classed as a...
Yep, but then again it's also subjective and down to personal preference. Oversize watches used to be worn by divers and pilots for their practical features; nowdays it is fashionable to wear a large watch. Would someone wearing a 48mm Breitling Super Avenger with a 6.5" wrist look silly? Probably. Would someone with an 8.5" wrist wearing a 34mm vintage Omega on strap look just as silly? Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade Aye, but...