or Connect

Posts by 630

I've been training at a crossfit gym for 6 months now, and i think we have a pretty strong culture of not being cocksuckers. I don't actually do the crossfit wods (theres a powerlifting sector that I jumped into from day one), but I think you're accurate here. To me crossfit is like martial arts. You have shitty mcdojos and you have great dojos who are well rounded in tradition, technical aptitude/expertise, etc. Probably just depends on the crossfit gym you go to or...
Probably closer to need supply, but not nearly as brown looking as they are in the photos. the color is probably best depicted on zappos, though for whatever reason nobody seems to capture the actual color
any time, got mine delivered today as they promisedkind of a mix of both. some pics make it look REALLY green, some almost like a pale grey. IRL, very much an earth tone grey/green. probably more green that they are grey though. not sure if that helps answer your question at all. i like the neutrality of the color without them being brown (nothing against the beeswax)
just bought olive leather DB's on endless.com. listed as $89.99, plus a 25% off promotion going on for boots so ended up being about $72 after tax. free 2 day shipping. did some research on endless.com, apparently owned by amazon and had good reviews so fingers crossed...
lol @ this, but having trained martial arts i know that this is sometimes done to simulate taking a punch and developing a tolerance per se. not saying there is any TRUE merit behind that, since the best way to train taking a punch is to take punches. but, these guys may have thought there was a practical purpose to it and that could have been it.if not, i'm really not sure what the hell that is.
wanted to chip in $.02 on 501's. had some N&F weird guy's that i bought earlier this year but haven't worn too much due to a really hot summer. in the mean time, legs got a wince bigger from lifting and the weird guy just isn't the cut for me any more. ordered the 501 rigid selvedge. waist measured tts and inseam 33.5 (tagged size 30x34). i normally prefer a 30 waist and 30 or 32 inch inseam for reference. 501's are perfect though, after shrinking (warm bath, 30...
Wanted to post another endorsement of Jay at Blue Owl. Long story short... about a month ago ordered a pair of Left Field denim from BO. He worked with me on picking the right denim and sizing. Loved the denim and it fit perfectly, but the button popped off. After getting a replacement pair and having the same issue, Jay kindly made sure I was taken care of in terms of compensation for my troubles and helped me pick out N&F WG. Welp, as luck would have it the 28's...
Ordered the Left Field/Blue Owl collaboration denims earlier this week and they showed up today. Great jeans, I'm really happy with the product and service. Ordered a 30 TTS and it fits perfectly. I was a little worried about the fit because while I'm not Big Swole Magee, I have some decently muscular 22" thighs and like my pants slim but still comfortable I was thinking about ordering from LF direct but then saw this thread when trying to make a decision. Reached out...
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm How long have you been squatting? My knees used to crack a lot, for years. Squatting fixed them. probably about a year regularly, which is why it perplexes me. i just did a pretty hard leg workout today and despite tinkering with my feet in many directions to modify my stance they popped no matter what. its this spot on the back, outward side of my left knee that usually aches a little after a leg...
why do my knees pop when i squat? stance is maybe a wince more than shoulder width apart and feet are 45 degree angle ish outward in line with hips. it's not necessarily painful until after a leg day and that spot on the outside of my knee (particularly the left) is a little sore. its like the joint is grinding or something. never had knee problems before. found this article on stronglifts and don't feel that any of these are necessarily my problem. perhaps i've...