or Connect

Posts by Ged

Hi guys, I bought these boots about two years ago, but have struggled to use them in regular rotation due to what I think is a disconnect in the rugged chunky sole and the fine soft black leather / blind eyelets. I'm thinking of getting a boot repair guy to replace the eyelets with exposed eyelets (black, brass or steel?) and putting some thicker laces in them... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/274297433527952509/ Thoughts??? Cheers Ged
They're good. Very well made and finished, cool styling, a bit hipper than Quoddy or Rancourt. I got a pair of black mid tops with denim side panel, very happy with them. IMHO they run a little small to size, but that's OK they're stretching up nicely. Highly recommended. Ged
I use Steven from Leffot for all my Saphir needs. I met him while I lived in NY, so he's happy to send stuff to Australia for me, but I know he has other Aussie clients too. Great guy and great shoes too.
Quote: Originally Posted by intfxdx Hello, I really like RL Darlton wingtip but too expensive for my budget, even with 40% of discount. Could you tell me another shoes with same style with price tag not more than 200-250 $ ? I mean the quality lower than Darlton but similar style(leather or suede) to wear with Chinos mostly. Thanks for your suggestions. Where do you get 40% off Darltons, that's what I want to know??!! Ged
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre Any pics? Also, no one seems to have any info for this - any idea what colour "spice suede" is in real life? http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.as...ECD6850AE70656 This is a picture of the cinnamon in the Aspley slide but it comes in Craftsman too. Ged
The new Cinnamon colour yearling is very nice indeed. A bit like EG Edwardian. Everyone should have a look at the new catalogue. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Ged
Get EG to do a MTO for you. Works out about the same as CJ MTO, such is their ridiculous markup. I have a very wide foot too (8G-H) but EG 8F fits me perfectly. In fact my first ever EGs were RTW - the Chelsea on 202 comes in 8F - have you tried that in RTW? Even if its not the one you want, you can at least get a feel for size. Ged
Quote: Originally Posted by Yika Leadership Challenge! Please Labor keep him there so we the people can sink the boot in personally!
CJ Handgrade Savile Black The 337 in 8E fits my stupidly wide foot quite nicely My first CJ HG and I'm quite happy to put them alongside my EGs and GGs. Quite impressed. Hmmm just checked the photos - they look a little more elegant and elongated IRL. Even my wife said "wow, they make your feet look normal"
Quote: Originally Posted by Ged I have been worried about this too. I recently took my favourite chestnut veals in for a resole after about 5 years. The uppers were still in almost perfect condition, as I'd looked after them very carefully, only worn them once a week or so, but had worn down the heal. Anyway I got them back from the resole and was initially delighted. They'd even restained and polished the leather for me, and they looked literally...