or Connect

Posts by kdh

I have a job interview coming up for a waitor position. What's appropriate interview attire for the food service industry?
Quote: Allergies to nickel or chrome are very common.  You might have to start tucking in your shirts. I think I'll put some kind of clear tape along the top edge of my buckles.
Anybody get this?  A friend said I probably have an allergy to nickel.  I wear cheap belts, so I can see this being the case, but does anyone know if the more expensive/quality belts use nickel?
Quote: I am liking the look of my Rescues through the legs about one week into the break in process. No taper; no flair. Just about right -- a pretty masculine cut, actually. The waist (and more and more the seat) is another story. Both have stretched out considerably. I am a 33 waist in everything from Brooks Brothers to JCrew to Banana Republic to Ralph Lauren. I wear a 36 belt at the middle hole in Coach, Cole Haan, and Trafalgar. But I'll be damned if after...
Quote: Received the Rescues today. Crazy measurements on these things: Size: 31 Waist: 17.5 (I shit you not) Front rise: 11.5 Rear rise: 15.5 The Rescue is definitely a better model for me than the New Standards. But I actually think I may need to go down a size in these things. The waist (in spite of the measurement) seems a better fit for me than the New Standards, but it is still a bit too big. How tight should these really be at this stage in the game...
Quote: If you are a true 33 waist (same as I am), don't have huge calves and are in good shape, I would recommend you get the New Standards in size 31.  I personally wear a pair of 32, but these are really, really big in the waist for me (as I've said before, I like my jeas to hang loose and sit low.)  Great true straightleg (at least for my 5'11", 32" inseam frame - a taller guy would find them slightly tapered), lower rise than the Rescue, despite what the...
Quote: I used to hang out by the bar all night too... Felt very uptight and self-conscious. I've always been into dance music and ended up going to more underground nights which played harder music, proper raves rather than clubs where people go to drink/hook up. Because of the atmosphere of openness and friendliness at those places (helped largely due to various drugs going around), I found it easy to open up and move with the music. I probably looked stupid...
Quote: Probably the best place to look would be AB Fits in North Beach.  Great store, with lots of denim and streetwear firms that are either local or that you wouldn't have heard of (they were the only store I know of that carried "European Culture" sweatshirts, for example).  American Rag and/or Rolo might also have them, though I doubt it. Thanks. Never seen AB Fits before. I think I'll go next week.
Does anyone know if/where APC jeans can be found in San Francisco or thereabouts?
Quote: Any thoughts on the solid colour or ringer tees that American Apparel sells? I have never tried them, but ordering from them online (to Canada) is very reasonable. The AA shirts I have are holding up very well.  If you're skinny (they are cut slim) you'll love them. I prefer BR's "Classic," mainly because the Medium fits me perfectly whereas the AA Medium shrinks to nipple-showing proportions.  I tried sizing up, but the relaxed fit combined...