or Connect

Posts by Mannix

For those who enjoy Asian antiques... A friend of mine who has collected Asian art and antiques for 40+ years said it's probably from the mid/late 19th century. Thoughts? I'm no expert, but for the price I couldn't pass it up.
Thanks for your comment. Regardless, I do like the set. The back fan design is reminiscent of Art Deco designs, even if it was made at a later period. Also, they did have patio sets during the thirties.I'll bet you do well for yourself with that attitude.
Thank you! Appreciate it.
Purchased via a proxy (my mother) at an estate sale in Wisconsin--a period Art Deco patio set. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but I don't physically have this set, yet.
You can sometimes find great deals in Ethan Allen's "Clearance room." It's a crap shoot, but I go in the local stores here from time to time just to see.
[[SPOILER]] I haven't been to any auctions recently, but I do volunteer at a higher end consignment store that is 100% volunteer run and supports the local children's hospital and we do get in some great things--from Tiffany flatware to Ralph Lauren Home furniture. Well, recently, I purchased this Austrian set of china that has a beautiful hand painted Art Deco design. Pictured are just a few sample pieces, but I have almost everything to set a full service, from dinner...
These Made in USA Polo suits are fantastic quality and decidedly more stylish than anything coming out of the RL house today. I wear mine frequently, along with a plethora of vintage sport coats. Were it my size, I'd persuade you to part with it....
ThaThank you for the link, and my apologies for not staying on top of this thread.
How do we purchase gift certificates? Thank you.
Purchased this old Bueche Girod tank this weekend. It's 18kt yellow gold, mechanical movement, has a new crocodile strap, and looks unworn. I'm very happy with my purchase, and it beats the hell out of paying for a Cartier at retail.