or Connect

Posts by svelten

Quote: Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck +1. You walk into any Guitar Center in the U.S. and there's some long-haired basement dweller shredding out a super-technical solo. Great guitar players change the paradigm of what guitar playing should be. Yeah, I'm tired of how many "best guitarists" discussion end up in a circle jerk over Steve Vai, Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, or Yngwie Malmsteem. Great as they are, they can't compose anything that I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Nope Wrong. Ouch, what happened to San Jose? They're a pretty new team too, sort of. Attendance in Vancouver should be very good next year, and Seattle will continue to be competitive and sell out the season. Every league has their dogs that just has to remain despite lack of viability, ie the Phoenix Coyotes just for geographic diversity. Quote: Does anyone know who voted for...
He was also pretty good when he guested on DEP's EP. Guy can go into any genre and do great.
Well, considering it's one of my most frequented websites at work.....
If I wear boxers in general I regret it all day.
Well, in Ikea they serve $1 breakfasts... but if we're talking about value, in Shanghai, I was eating out every meal, every day on a budget of under $10 US a day, cheaper than my groceries for a day at home. $2 for a huge bowl of Ramen with every ingredient imaginable... Oh, and this excellent chain restaurant called Babela that serves risotto superior to most of the establishments here for $3. Not to mention seafood pizza for $2.50. God damn I miss China...
Let's see you submit a decent review that the general populace finds of use. Mag / food critic reviews are not helpful as restaurant quality is often not that consistent - they might have went when they were "on" or when they were "off", as well half the time they are "bought" or have received special treatment anyway. Restaurants that aggregate many reviews are a far better indicator as they sample a wide proportion of the population. Just because someone doesn't like a...
2 hrs round trip via public transit (1 hr each way). Would be probably 50 minutes round trip, but after about a year of trying that I decided it wasn't worth the driver's aggravation, and my car is a gas guzzler.
Sold
It's been fully ingrained into my mind that the HR department isn't any more successful at hiring the right candidate than the manager/supervisor of the position with no "training" in human resources (I'd be appalled if there was a degree for this "field", which to me sounds like glorified paperwork). There probably were a few books that I've read which unfairly reinforces this image admittingly. In our department we bypass our HR dept entirely when it gets to the...