or Connect

Posts by svelten

My favorite style actually comes out of some anime: Reason I would have difficulty pulling it off: It seems to only work because of the character's hairstyle, which I cannot yet emulate (I have short-ish hair). That and there's an inherent bit of creepiness to the look that I do not necessarily want to convey to my friends or in any professional setting. But that look is damn cool and I'm sure on the right person can translate well to real life. EDIT: Oops I bumped...
School is an extremely expensive endeavor both in financial and time investment. Choose very wisely what you want to study; a college degree in "liberal arts" is next to useless and a waste of 4 years + tuition. I wouldn't even bother completing one; rather try to jump back into school and transfer into something else. A college degree isn't an entitlement to anything anymore since every tom dick and harry has one or more. Study something you are passionate for and has...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eagle Gentlemen: With the post herein, you might just have redefined "shallow"! Try to keep in mind that as she ages, you will be aging (and your vision will be dimming!) also. +1
1. Guys who do the barbell rows by dropping the entire barbell + 300 lbs worth of weights onto the floor, EACH REP. You can imagine how unbearably loud this becomes for the gym during his set. This has happened on more than one occasion at my gym. 2. People who expect to be allowed to "reserve" equipment after leaving for a 5+ minute washroom break, either by leaving some of their stuff on the seat or coming back while someone else is using it and saying "Oh I'm not done...
Quote: Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze NO. And negative iGent points for presenting Ahmedinejad as a style icon. The point is to find a nice sorority girl and do things "properly." Just have fun at this function, there will be plenty of time to learn more about dressing and building one's wardrobe. I would not advise someone to go out and buy a new suit for a college swap party. but ahmed is such a pwetty boy.............
Quote: Originally Posted by constant struggle an SF member gets a 1 for appearance, OH THE HUMANITY We won't know until he posts up exactly what his outfit looks like in a photo Let the SF panel decide and either redeem your self esteem or pummel it further into the ground
Superfuture-esque internet personalities. Sort of why I left SF in the first place.
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Honestly for a bunch of frat boys or something, if it says semi formal there are going to be a bunch of dudes wearing khakis, striped button down shirts and ties. The ties will become half undone after 10 minutes and in an hour they will probably have the top 2-3 buttons undone and no ties. Even if people wear suits...they will probably have the jackets off as soon as they get there (I never get why...what was the point...
Damn the Palm Pre really looked good, I was really hoping it might be a hit but its prognosis looks grim No one who cares about fashion wears Crocs, so they don't really offend me despite how terrible they look (unlike True Religions, worn by people who invest their time and money into fashion and yet still look awful). I'd be a bit shocked if Old Navy croaked; not that I ever plan on buying anything there but they sell decent basics at that very modest price point.
Until Van gets its own MLS team, I'm rooting for Seattle to come out strong. Please don't be the embarassments Toronto has been...