or Connect

Posts by svelten

That thread is mostly populated by thin, urban city jackets that won't withstand a cold snap IMO. Off the top of my head and based off of recent research, I'd look into Nigel Cabourn, Moncler, Fjallraven, Norse Projects and Herno. Feel free to add any others into the fray.Canada Goose stuff is alright, but for some reason I tend to think they look a bit better on women...
Dunno if this was posted, but GQ did make a stab at it a couple of years ago - http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and-gadgets/201111/best-new-snowboard-designs-forum-burton. The Arbor A-Frame (similar to the ones posted earlier) and the Burton Method looked pretty good to me. The rest were meh
Well, ignoring the sarcasm above, I don't really see the problem with it. I think it depends on how you project your future incomes to be. I know of couples in secure, high-paying medical professions with huge debts that went out and bought Porsches while renting instead of buying, going even deeper in debt... but I do not chastise them because frankly, they'll be above water and smooth sailing in a couple years. Buying a suburban mansion for 3 kids and a dog while driving...
Dope pics man, thanks. I'm guessing you probably haven't worn them in any sort of ice/snow yet tho? They look awesome but I do wonder how they perform when it's -25 and I'm walking through 2 feet of white...
Hey, did you ever get/try out the Ice Cutters yet? Looking for something for "harsh" Canadian winters myself. thanks
Forgive my fashion ignorance, but can someone please point me to some stylish alternatives to CG as a starting point? I just moved to Calgary and my assortment of wool overcoats and peacoats seriously ain't gonna cut it. I've got a budget of under $1K. I have trouble finding Moncler stuff that I like. I just want a supercoat that I can basically throw on and not freeze to death. I don't think suggestions like "just layer" "wear a scarf" etc. are always practical, sensible...
So far, so good with the city. I'm planning on moving though - Mission a good, stylish little area overall?
Made the decision to move over the weekend. Any good restaurants to try first thing I get here?
Thanks. I had completely forgotten how much of a crunch there is with regards to living space there. Might have to make some sacrifices here and there but I do admit, the more I do research on it the better the city looks as a place to live.
So, has anything changed, or is in the direction of changing in three years since the more liberal Naheed Nenshi took over? I'm entertaining a move there for big money. Also love to ski. But I'm from Vancouver and I kinda still want to retain some of the urban Vancouver lifestyle. Not single and a bit removed from the bar scene now, but I'm still hoping to find spots and neighbourhoods to live in that are relatively stylish and "hip", i.e. the closest thing they have to...