or Connect

Posts by yawn123_#21

Quote: Originally Posted by Bhowie Brown is for farmers. Black is for waiters. You be the judge. what does the judge wear?
I never really liked pure gold color watches too gaudy for my taste. I own some rose gold which is a nicer warmer color imo. the rest of my watches are the silver or stainless steel color. i think 2 tone is a nice too. But then again that is just my taste. I never really liked leather strap watches either but thats just me
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Obscurity, I was looking at your recent WAYWT threads and noticed that in one of your posts, you are wearing a "short jacket" as well? I really had no idea what I had was a short jacket, I just thought it was a fitted jacket that wasn't a shapeless sack. Ill go and size up on the pants, hopefully it works out! However the jacket is fine? i think he meant ur jacket is fine as is. referring to short...
Quote: Originally Posted by tigerFormula I'm going with a half windsor. I'm deciding whether I want a gray or black suit. If I got the gray could wear the blazer with some slim black slacks I have and save the whole suit for prom. probably going for a look like this http://thickasthievesla.com/images/p.../top-row-4.jpg with the matching tie shoes and pocket square and different but complementary jacket and trousers. EDIT: What do you think of a knit...
even if you say something, they won't understand. They have to actually want to better themselves in order for them to understand and change. I guess it's better to just leave em be unless they ask you for help. they might have other values, or needs that are more important to them atm. or maybe his job entails dirty work. ie you would clean toilets with crappy kc shoes, but not santonis. or he might have kids at home he wants to be able to clothe feed and put thru college...
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=9630 cloth + baby shampoo or something similar to strip off wax. Apply thin layers of wax and buff it. condition your leather shoes regularly, to keep it in good shape and prevent it from drying out and cracking.
Ferragamo shoes don't stretch, your instep is too wide or too high. better to get a different shoe, that has a wider or higher instep, or skip mocs and look for shoes with laces.
Basic alterations are free, hemming pants or minor adjustments to the jackets etc, for when you purchase an item as a courtesy. Free alterations doesn't mean life-time alterations, or for you to bring in old items ie a suit bought 2 years ago.
I would have to agree with the op a bit. There are people here just as brand whoreish as other people. They just upgraded themselves from what most people see as designer brands, ie burberry gucci prada etc, to things like canali kiton etc. Quality and fit is a big thing on this forum for sure, but make sure it's appropriate. if your 80k or something in debt, don't buy an expensive suit because of it's great quality. buy a cheaper suit and go make some income to pay it...
anniversary sale is def better. halfyearly shoe wise isn't that great. they put designer usually a week earlier marked down, then everything is marked down during the sale about 33-40% off. then after ~1.5weeks-2 weeks stuff goes down to 50% off, then they send everything to nordstrom rack, and at rack they take another % off. halfyearly shoes theres gonna be alot of crappy stuff like athletic shoes, ed hardy or other casual mostly kids wearing crap. Usually some...