or Connect

Posts by Spaghettimatt

Great. Does sno-seal darken the leather moreso than mink oil? I feel like Obenaufs would probably darken it the most.
Can anyone help here?
I am sure that this has been covered, but can anyone recommend what product I should be using to treat and weather/water/snow proof my Alden 403s as best as possible? I have been using lexol to clean them, but do not know whether I should be using mink oil or sno-seal or pecards as well. Obenaufs? Anyone have some advice?
Quote: Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt So it seems like the agreed upon way to waterproof 403/405s is Snoseal. But, as a new owner, how should I be treating and taking care of these on a regular basis? Meaning what kind of leather conditioner/cleaner, how often to polish, etc.? Anyone?
So it seems like the agreed upon way to waterproof 403/405s is Snoseal. But, as a new owner, how should I be treating and taking care of these on a regular basis? Meaning what kind of leather conditioner/cleaner, how often to polish, etc.?
Hello all. I have an odd issue. I just received a pair of brown fifth avenues in size 6.5E. I noticed that they are significantly wider than my black park ave and walnut mcallisters in the exact same size. For example, the laces close all the way on this pair and the right shoe in particular is very roomy (some heel slippage). What could account for this? Is there any way to fix it?
Just received my brown fifth avenues. Perfect condition. One odd thing though, that is probably not the seller's fault. I noticed that they are significantly wider than my black park ave and walnut mcallisters (al 6.5E). What could account for this?
Just purchased my first pair of 403 Indy boots (Chromexcel). What is the agreed method for treating and weather/water-proofing these? The sales associate told me mink oil. Is snoseal or obenauf's preferable?
Brian, any measurements on these? At least point out the ones that are 3" or slimmer?
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I missed out on the AE Cambridge Wingtips.