or Connect

Posts by sage_incognito

Thanks for the info. Glad to learn new things. Yet I still believe Moore had a suit that had somewhat wide and low-gorged lapel by today's and his shirt had much too big collar.
All the James Bond movies featuring Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. * Sean Connery in Conduit suit with narrow ties and Turnbull and Asser shirt - Dr. No (best quote: "Interesting. Where were you measured for this ? My tailor. Saville Row. Is that so? Mine's a guy in Washington") - From Russia with Love - Goldfinger - Thunderball - You only live twice - Diamonds are forever. and... non-canon version of Never say never again. (Connery is not wearing a suit that...
I've got a few Kiton ties I bought at Lane Crawford or other reliable shops in Hong Kong. None of them have tags near the keeper. As Maximus aptly pointed out, they all have the tags on the right bottom fold of the ties (back of apron). It does look like a fake one. Besides, the design is ugly. I wouldn't buy that tie even if it were a real Kiton.
Given the current currency rates, price starts with around USD 1200-1300 (KRW 1.5 million) and up. If you want to have a suit made of high-quality fabric such as Loro Piana, the price will go up around US 1700-1800 (KRW 2 million) per suit. Quite expensive compared with Itaewon suits, but quality is incomparably better. Far better than some off-the-rack suits for around that price such as BB.
Here are two suits I got from SEGI tailors. Charcoal Suit is for Spring/Fall season, Blue one for summer. (please ignore the big-flower on my button hole. It was for my friend's wedding.) Since I prefer British style, I gave the tailor all the instructions and details when I commissioned them. Though they're good at tailoring Neapolitan-style suits, these suits look okay to me. Took one month or so for each suit with three fittings (two fittings for second ones.) ...
Here are some shirts from U.K. First shirts are somewhat expensive ones. Second shirts are cheaper yet nice ones. Can't believe all the five shirts, two pocketsquares and one tie are still cheaper than the two shirts. Quality-wise, I wouldn't say T&A is worth that much price.