or Connect

Posts by lemmywinks

If you don't have something equivalent to the Park Avenue in black already, please please please get that. So much more useful, and barely anyone will notice or care that you aren't wearing patent shoes with your tuxedo.
Actually got fitted today at a store... What a world of difference! I wear anywhere from an 11 to 11.5 in most shoes, but it turns out I'm just a modest 9.5D in Allen Edmonds, and I'm guessing most other shoes. If Nordstrom was carrying the Strand in 9.5 I must have gotten those, but I got a 10D, which fits great, but still has the slight roominess I'm used to. You know how as a kid all your shoes are bought slightly bigger because your feet will grow eventually? Yep. So...
This jacket is fucking incredible. I had one but I just lost it... But before that I would wear it so fucking regularly.
The Sterlingwear I bought... while cheap, is absolute dick, and I'm growing out of it. Anyone have suggestions for a new peacoat?
Also what the hell do people think about Doctor Martens? Should I steer clear? I wore them once in elementary school but I never understood how to incorporate it into your daily wardrobe.
Man I would love the day I find MY leather jacket. The day it happens it will probably be like a more conservative Rick/Margiela leather if anything.
Anyone have opinions on what color I should get on Alden Indy Boots? I'm in love with Color 8 but I don't like how it looks on the boot. I'm also having trouble trying to spend that extra however many hundred dollars for shell... I know the classics are the 403 and 405. Does anyone have an opinion on which one I should get?
Some advice on suit fitting... If it's not nerve-wrecking for you to go inside a Neiman Marcus or some high end department store, go inside and try on some suits. The range of suits at those stores will be infinitely better than anything you try on at a Macy's or Nordstrom or whatever. You'll actually have a good idea of what a good fitting suit is. You'll realize that nothing you try on under a certain price point will fit that well, but at least you'll understand how a...
I just don't care about raw denim anymore. It has lost its appeal to me... the fact that it is catching on to the mainstream also has a little to do with it. What are some sources for nice washed denim? I'm tempted to get some of the discounted Acnes off of Yoox but I have no idea how each of them fit. Or does anyone know where I can try on some Acnes in the Bay Area?
Which shoe do you guys think is more versatile? The PTB or LWB? In #8 Shell of course...