or Connect

Posts by mr. burns

8 months in with my distressed smooth bounty hunters. natural midsole, antique trim. https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8623/28820492381_647140e404_h.jpg
i'm a ways off from a resole, but as a superfuture regular i've known about brian for a while, as he has his own thread there in the denim section, and i've definitely considered using him for resoles of other boots. there's no doubt he's passionate about his work, but i get doubts because it seems like not only the welt is different, but also the height of the heel seems more pronounced, and from photos i've seen, the leather stacking and forming of the heel seems a...
they look nice. man i remember when my natural midsole looked so light and new like that. wear them hard.
it'll be fine...
oh i see. looks very much like double mid sole. i like your boot makeup a lot. mine is very similar, but i have distressed smooth leather [which ends up looking about the same as brown smooth once treated with obenauf's] and the vibram 700 sole, which splits the heel. i like how yours don't do that.
That commando sole is about as low profile as I've seen. Just going with one midsole would make a big difference.
better pics of my bounty hunters.
This is getting weird and a bit creepy.
Bounty hunters in distressed smooth after 6 months. Worn hard for work but I wipe them down with a damp rag every night and give them obenaufs when needed.
You want a thumb width between your longest toe and the tip of the boot. So everything above your thumb there is excess space.