or Connect

Posts by js4design

Kristen Musto has the comment you need to read on this one.
Dropped my car off for some body work this morning, and had set up and confirmed a pick-up from Enterprise to pick me up at 8AM and get a rental at their office. I figured I should be able to get the car and be at work by 9, talk a half hour lunch and still get in a full days work. The shuttle finally came to pick me up from the body shop at 9:45, 1.75 hours late, after saying they had somebody on the way twice, and not answering the phone twice. Then at their office, they...
Subscribed.
I do not have a background in economics and have only my own experience to draw on, but there does seem to be a correlation between an increase in both the frequency and percentage off of sales over the past 4 or 5 years and an increase in the pre-sale price. And to those that called the math used into question, an increase from $528 to $648 is $120, or 23%, which is why I said nearly 25%.
How so?
This. And it doesn't hurt that this stunt got them a free headline on CNN.
The more frequent sales are why these hikes occur.
Jesus, the Peal shoes just went up last year from $528 to $598. Hard to swallow when they are exactly the same shoes increasing in price by nearly 25% in ~12 months. And they weren't exactly priced too low to begin with.
If you're willing to spend $500, then go to an actual store like BB and try on their different fits and sizes. The one you have shown is far too big. If that is a 42R Madison then you probably could have luck with a 40R Fitzgerald, but just go to a store and see for yourself.
You need to look at things in the full context. A 3" lapel on a 36S jacket might call for a different tie than the same lapel on a 48R jacket. Use your eye.