or Connect

Posts by js4design

Peeled and ate hardboiled eggs at my desk this afternoon. This kept two impromptu meetings at my desk extremely brief. I'll be using this tactic again.
+1 to this. Most of my experience has been with the first type, and they've always been great. Had my first experience with the second type on a current project, and getting them to deliver on half of what they have promised has been trying, to say the least.
The Milano suits I own all cover my backside (both made in Italy and USA) but the sportcoats (made in Taiwan) seem to be about 1" shorter.
I gloated a few months ago that I was on the list to receive Eagle Rare 17 this year. After getting the runaround from the idiot who manages my local store, I finally called the main office and found out that I am number 10 on the list for next September. FUCK. Was 85 this year and they still didn't have enough to fill my order.
Also, the success of the outlet model's frequent markdowns may be driving this approach as well.
It seems to be having a positive impact on sales because the psychology of buying something on sale works, like it or not. The JCPenney debacle showed this pretty well. It is frustrating for longtime customers to see the price of things increase well beyond the pace of inflation though, especially when it is an item that has been offered unchanged for multiple years. Peal shoes are a good example, as well as 1818 suits.
I got a push notification from the CNN app for the "Breaking News" when Zimmerman was arrested for beating his gf and brandishing a gun. For some reason, the push notification about the recant has yet to show up.
I'm having a similar issue. Ordered the Barbour Commander from End.com in August and got hit with 16% through FEDEX because they classified it as men's clothing - cotton knit, instead of 6.2% for men's clothing - woven cotton. At the time I didn't know how it was classified, only that it was high, so I asked them to review it. Fast forward to today and I get another bill saying the payment is past due. After a few phone calls, I find out the item was reviewed and they...
This is especially troubling for "a guy I know" who works there, since he works there solely for the employee discount and the 50% off is becoming less and less impressive as sales increase through the year.