or Connect

Posts by tailorgod

Actually, I could very well live with this: I don't like how the sleeves behave at the shoulders, but compared to anything I have seen from A&S so far, this is a true gem.
Interesting that some of you suffer from penis fixation... That image used to describe the arm scye problem was the slouchy figure version. The slouchy posture includes slightly forward loins, a limb butt and a shrunk penis. The erect figure (like myself) is the total opposite.
Ok, here is an explanation why I think that the recent A&S drape cut sucks (in comparison to other drape cuts): We all demand a high armhole, right? To provide a better range of movement, right? I'm so glad we managed to agree on this! But, the height of the armhole is only one ingredient for a better range of movement. Your tailors do measure your armhole diameter, right? It's basically the width of your arms when held against the torso. The armhole diameter...
Well, the drape tutorial will take some more time, so in the meantime I have a few questions for the wearers of drape and "Drapinchen" (I'm sure you covered this subject elsewhere on this forum or even in a book, but I don't follow clothing fora that much and I don't bother to buy books about clothing in English): What made you choose the drape style? The look, feel or the fact that it stands out? Why choose one drape tailor over other ones? (Steed over A&S/ Mahon,...
I must say, I'm a bit disappointed. I've been away for 4 days and all there is are a meagre 5 pages. We made 10 per day when a few were bashing A&S! Runinacci and Solito probably use the same basic Italian draft that is popular in Italy and just add their secret ingredient to create drape. The actual cut of A&S and Mahon looks very different to the Italian draft and I'm not too fond of it. Not only is the armhole pretty wide, the shape of the side seam will create a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sator Good to see more come under the Satanic influence. Damn , those Brits must have copied that from the Neapolitan tailors...
Technically, a slim person can wear almost any style of cut given he is evenly shaped. By that I mean that none of his body sections (shoulders, chest, waist and hips) is far out of proportion. The actual A&S cut that I have seen on the website and the BBC series let me to believe that it works well for the slimmer customer. This is supported by the pictures of some of the finished garments on their site. The pattern runs relatively straight up without turning too much...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar I have always thought German women all look like Claudia or Heidi... In fact, they do. Except for the ones that are not 1,80m tall, blond and slender. I was just trying to keep you guys away, along with the Italians and French. Actually, just saying "Ti amo!" or "J'taime!" with some sort of accent gets them melting, along with lots of dark body hair! Good thing it's the other way round in Italy...
Quote: tailorgod, a Member. Recently arrived from the Satanic Forvm, he carries the protractor and pattern books that symbolize what in German is called Gummibärchen, Kuschelbär, or less typically, Schnuckiputzi. I am undecided whether I prefer "Schnuckiputzi" over "Hitler" a while back, but calling someone either of these can get you in serious trouble in certain places over here. What saved you (for the moment) are the swim wear links... I...
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe In Germany: Lehrling - Geselle - Meister. In the old days, parents even had to pay the master to take on their son as apprentice. As in England, a Geselle (Journeyman) travelled extensivly to different towns and worked for different masters. The best thing that could happen to one of those lads, he came across a workshop where the master had died and the widow was running the business (quite common in...