or Connect

Posts by tailorgod

Quote: Originally Posted by jefferyd If memory serves, he is making those coats in China. When I started traveling to China, CMT on a full canvas suit was between $26 and $34....... I feel a shitstorm coming over that one............ We pay premium (10x compared to those prices) to have our MTM made in Germany... Fused, that is! On the C&T we have a mother of a boy wearing school uniforms of teflon coated material. She claims that it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria You know, Mahon designed a line of RTW school boy blazers, modeled here by a bird: Click on either side of her necktie for the full story. At a target price of $27/each, the cost is even below the Despos Discount®. - B Hmmmh, I thought he is responsible for this piece of art:
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton A&S definitely has some in-house coatmakers, thought not enough to make 100% of their production. Good to know. I wonder if this dual track system (in-house and out-house tailors) creates different qualities in the making, which could explain a lot of quality issues (but not the fit problems). I would suspect that the in-house tailors have more experience and also easier access to the cutter should there be...
Quote: If some can both draft by square and by freehand, I think it reasonable to conclude that such a cutter might have more (as in quantity and variety) of learned skills than one who knows only to draft and cut one way. But, I do not think this has any import one way or another on what the result will be. Presumably, every technique is subject to excellence or mediocrity. Based on the very first thing Steed made for me, I will say that the fit seemed...
Sweet, we made it to page 103! Cutting out a coat does not take long. Those who watched Mahon doing it in his video may have noticed. He cuts very generous, meaning that he leaves huge inlays, which is something that is hardly ever done in Germany. Unless the tailor is very insecure about his skills and drafting system. Given the right equipment the cutting out part is one of the less time consuming. I don't know how other SR cutters do it, but to me it seems that A&S...
I have an old tailoring manual where they say that you don't have to pad stitch the lapels when using heavy cloth. But back in the days "heavy" meant a weight beyond even Sator's wildest dreams. Jeffery, the cloth in your pad stitching video was relatively heavy (around 400gr.) for modern standards and you did wider stitches. Does that mean you'd do more rows of closer stitches if the cloth had like 8 oz. or less? There is a difference between a regular blindstitch...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria In your opinion as a tailor yourself (but I assume not a felon), would it still be possible to make a £30,000 Supreme Bespoke suit in jail, assuming the fabric and findings are smuggled in? Supreme Bespoke is sewn entirely by hand. No sewing machine necessary. As for the three years, it seems to me that the British would have done better to imprison Gordon Brown for three years, but that is another...
This is (maybe) the weapon of mass destruction he was trying to "smuggle":
Aren't we still waiting for better pics of whnay's coat? If his tailors fixed the little fit problems it should be absolutely perfect now...
Like this one? I find their coats way too tight and from the look of them at least restricting a proper movement... Actually, in the back they could use a bit of drape...