or Connect

Posts by tailorgod

Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel Thats a lot of suits in a short period of time. I can see why they make so many mistakes. The problem is that they have only a few cutters, so they probably leave most of the work to the making tailors without further control. With so many orders to fulfil it's no wonder they hesitate or refuse to do alterations or re-cuts. The "wear it for a while" is a pretty slick move. If the owner of such a...
Yes, looks like A&S lost their marbles... IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Let's see. Based on just my experience: 1) Not inflexible. They did what I asked them to do. 2) They got all the details exactly right. 3) Super high armholes and button point exactly where I asked for it to be. 4) They did two fittings, first basted. 5) The make is great. 6) I don't think they suck but they didn't do right by me. So my specific criticism would be: 7) They won't acknowledge or...
I am a bit confused and disappointed regarding the reaction of A&S. My assumptions are: 1. They don't know how to fix the coat's problems (as described earlier in this thread). 2. They (might) know it but think it's too expensive to alter it. 3. A combination of both. In this case you're better off moving on to another tailor. The "no more cloth" (if it's true, then) is hardly an excuse for not cutting a new (and hopefully better) coat. I'm sure that there...
That's an awfully tight coat. From "drape" to "drags"! But the cloth selection is nice!
Quote: Originally Posted by Bull Banned Katy Perry Sesame Street clip...good shit. The censors are ruining this country... http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/a-line/se...perry-duet/624 What about that sleazy guy in a (Solaro?) trench coat asking Ernie if he wants to buy an "A"?
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 My tailor uses a carefully selected body double with my exact measurements to wear my garments for two weeks before they get delivered to me. I can request specific activities to be conducted by him in that pre-shaping phase - I always make sure he sleeps on the beach in my suit, gets a lap dance and a bowl of flageolet every morning, and slurps uni soba before bed. I found that the body heat/sweat combined with air...
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos If I understand correctly, the pull Mariano does, is at the fitting stage of the jacket. This is to keep the jacket, sans lining, to not cling to the shirt. After, he lifts the jacket at the collar/shoulder and lets it settle. This is what you want to do when putting a finished jacket on, the collar thing, pulling on the fronts of a finished jacket is irrelevant and unnecessary. Finished jacket has a imprint of your form...
Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal_1 amazingly high armholes in that Luca picture ^ How did you judge the depth of the armholes based on a picture with both arms down? About that pulling at the front thing by your tailor (or Mariano Rubinacci): When you put your coat on ( slip into it, pull the shirt sleeves down, move your arms a bit and you're good to go), it has to fit properly. If there is a defect (in case of Rubinacci it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar She's prettyish ... She also has a strong personality... I do think she would have been better off not sharing Luca's DNA... Speaking of DNA: Does anyone know if sharing DNA and womb with a twin sister causes any unpredictable consequences like wearing flashy colours and multiple patterns (in various combinations in one outfit) and short rise trousers with braces? I think Mariano can pull off that...