or Connect

Posts by idfnl

I never said it was the only solution. To me, it represents the most interesting solution because I think holds the most positive disruption.I know lawyerdad, prove it.
"Suck" is relative. A team at the bottom of the league under pressure can play some pretty hard nosed ball to stay alive. I'm not sure their record matters as much as the quality and intensity of the play.Your comparison is silly... 70 terrible vs 7 or 8. I'd rather watch 70 teams that compete hard. Today you get 1/2 the league trying to achieve and the rest vying for a #1 draft pick. That = terrible moreso that anything you've said.I think the motivation for...
I ask for proof and I get opinion. I have indeed said this before, and in the mean time we've seen tanking become more prominent, obvious, and acceptable. And anyone believes that's good for the game is a douche.To your other point, there are 30+ football clubs in Europe capable of winning the Champions League. As a sample size, Europe is a better comparison (land size vs US) as opposed to a small European country's domestic league. In this respect, there are probably...
Elaborate
Non-sequitur. Jackie Stewart is one of these rare people that I just can't find a reason not to admire. Every single instance that I hear him talk, watch an old documentary, or listen to him describe racing, safety or his era of F1, he is just such an incredibly impressive person. His contribution to F1 is perhaps unmatched because there are dozens of drivers still alive and it can be directly traced to him. No other person has taught me more about how to perform in an...
Prove why it's dumb.
Lakers were down 57 - 20 a few minutes ago, ha ha.
Maybe not, but a drastic change in the system would have widespread benefit.I disagree with shrinkage, more games the better. There are hundreds of professional soccer clubs, and thousands of competitive games.
1st quarter LA down 24 - 4 Charlotte down 20 - 0 Lakers baby lakers
Not true. For example the Barcelona B team can never enter the top flight (or they both can't be there together) - can't remember which. You're right that early on a relegated team would outperform the league, but over time parody would emerge. In the Premiership, part of the fun is watching promoted teams survive and strengthen.Definitely not trolling. The ideas behind a draft would have to change, and so would a host of other imbedded structures.I think the clear...