or Connect

Posts by idfnl

Right, so you stack the end of the bench with min salary guys and overpay dudes that might score like 3ppg and grab an extra rebound more? And at the same time need to gut your bench to make room for the overpays? Just plain idiotic money management.And you don't HAVE TO spend on salary, you can do what PHI did and pay tax for being under minimum... not to say this is a long term strategy, but I'd accept that tax in the face of wildly overpaying players so that I can...
That's not smart business logic because it compels you to overspend. Players aren't suddenly twice as valuable. The cap just went up. One doesn't make the other true, this is the classic bubble mentality, you have money available so you spend wildly on assets that are way overvalued. Just because something might appear cheap in the future doesn't make it so. Khwai earns fair market value, so does Steph. Steph would be worth a max deal within the current cap...
That looks real. It's not in great condition, though. I've encountered this type of thick silk hermes several times.
Heard some thoughts about the Wade move from the Simmons pcast. The ideas is that there wasn't interest in Miami to bring him back. Riley gave the appearance that he was 'negotiating' with Wade, but he didn't really want him. Riley saw the mess that was Kobe's exit and he didn't want any part of it. Makes sense, as it's true that the $10m they were apart wasn't the reason... they basically told him they didn't want him. Wade was sorta forced to go looking for a new...
Closing my entire FB position for good tomorrow, 75% return. I've lost conviction, and Zuckerberg is too in control. I don't like him, or FB policies. I'm worried this social media garbooge is reaching an inflection point of malaise. I saw the documentary Facebookistan, which didn't change my views too much, but there was one poignant moment where a hidden camera was placed in a store. When a customer came in to buy a pastry or whatever, the cashier forced them to...
Well, Jet's not. Take solace in that, whatever little it's worth.
It's a measured choice that some might find irrational, in that respect point taken. Personally, the difference is I don't spend any money on it, and DVR the games so don't get exposed to advertising stoppages minimizing my time investment. When I'm busy, which I usually am, I don't watch games. I might watch 20 a season non-playoffs. This year I was working on an addition to the homestead so really only watched the SAS-OKC series, west conf finals and finals.My...
So you know how we all make fun of the donkey's waiting in line outside the apple stores for the new phone? We're the same people that will wait 2 hours in line for a Kobe autograph or a free Lakers t-shirt. Brand loyalty in both instances.Jet has a "relationship" with the Lakers, even though they have no clue who this downtrodden liquor store employee is, akin to him being in love with the chick working at Chipotle across the street who he's never met. It's a...
You're referencing this from the perspective of the business. I'm talking about the perspective of the consumer. Of course a business wants loyalty, it facilitates extracting as much money from the suckers as possible. Now I have a "relationship" with Starbucks? Last time I looked it was just fucking coffee.
The poster child for brand loyalty speaks. You type that on your iPhone at a stop light in your '87 318i?Giving time/treasure to a sports franchise manipulating you into a phony emotional investment to then extract your money is beyond me. You get absolutely nothing out of it. It's irrational.