or Connect

Posts by idfnl

That coffee table would look great in Jet's dorm.
I can't see how that's possible. They both limped the cars around. Nico clearly had more pace, why wouldn't he close the gap instead of whining on the radio? The only way this makes sense is if he was told not to. Closing the gap would have forced Lewis to speed up, as he wouldn't risk any mistake losing him track position.The other aspect is that the team told Lewis to speed up multiple times, and even threatened to reverse the pit stop order. Lewis was...
I don't know, I would suspect the team instructed the drivers to hold station and maybe have a fight at the end. I just don't see Nico doing that on purpose either, he was basically telling the team over the radio that holding 2 seconds behind Lewis was backing him into Vettel. If he had freedom to race, he would have attacked or forced Lewis to speed up.If you can't follow a car without destroying your tires, then you have no basis for racing anymore. I mean, how...
Told you this kid is getting good.
New great white hope emerging, Dukie bound. Quick release, makes his own jumper on the dribble, reminds me of Curry a little with decisive clean moves. Needs some refinement, but he can play.
Your assertion that it's a superstar driven league is debatable. It's clear star players make a difference in championship results, but it's only superstar driven from a marketing perspective.
I think most of those seasons he made it to the finals, but he met a better all around team in Boston with a formidable center in Bill Russel. It is still remarkable that he didn't win more, even as he adjusted his game to make others more productive around him. It shows you what a great set of teams those were in Boston, and what a great coach Red Auerbach was.
The mid-pack provided some entertainment today, thank the lord as the top 6 were just a lazy procession. That middle stint with Nico on the radio telling Hamilton to speed up was so cringeworthy. The "tire management stint" is why there were a host of unused grandstands. Martin Brundle is so right, the cars struggle more than ever now to get close to each other. How many years has F1 had this problem and still no substantive action is taken? It's got to change. Nico...
I fall into that category, as he was before my time. The best comparison I have is people that never saw Jordan play who talk about Westbrook now.The exceptional attribute he had was how astoundingly quick he was. I always knew he was dominant, but I thought it was just size. After such a sustained viewing of highlights, it set in how incredibly complete he was as a player. Unlike Shaq, who just bullied the court, Wilt was in a totally different league. I have to...
This was incredible. Thanks for sharing it, as substance is often scarce here. Wilt was outside my generation, so I believed that he was just so much bigger than everyone back then, but he was much more than size, I didn't know this, but the guy led the league in assists one season. It draws a pretty stark distinction between himself and Shaq. No question he would have been dominant today.