or Connect

Posts by idfnl

Sure, I sent a PM, let me know if you can't receive it.
Right, he was drafted for 'upside'. The guy does a lot well, but he's going to get badly exposed if he can't shoot. He was drafted because the Phila model is to go hunting for a superstar, and quite a large part of superstardom is scoring, deny it if you want.
So a rating agency's job is to rate an asset based on it's quality. These agencies are supposed to be a trusted source for judging that quality. We had an asset class that was packaged with lots of high risk mortgages, and so how did it slip the agency by that these were bundled in the asset? You seem to suggest it was happenstance, and that "mistakes were made". I tend to believe people in the ratings agency knew to some degree because ex-Goldman guys know Goldman...
My thoughts about them being neutered definitely don't relate to their skills or talent. I definitely don't think it's staffed with rejects from the DMV. You did in fact hit it on the head, the lag. And that lag is unfortunately often intentional. It's why Schumer is such a powerful senator, he brings in all that money and some might argue is an effective wall against implementing rational change in the face of real time situations.
Ben Simmons 5-15 in summer league t-night. He's going to spend the first 2-3 years of his career with a crappy fg % while the teams wait for him to develop. Meanwhile, everyone will give him space, block passing lanes and box him out by proxy. He'll struggle to get points, passes or boards. Up to him to sort out the shooting, otherwise it's a waste of a pick. Giannis was very similar, though - but so was Michael Carter though 3in shorter - I see much more gumption in...
I appreciate the (ever more uncommon) intelligent response. I take you seriously because in your sig you're hustling, and that means something.It's not manipulation with ratings agencies, it's collusion. Meaning jail time. As the movie said, if I don't the agency down the street will. The 'self regulated' sub-industry decided it was a menial risk, thinking they'd never get exposed in the assumptions behind AAA, so they fucked with the ratings. A wealth of unethical...
That's an implication you've inferred.While point agreed on much of your post, The Big Short, in a superhero G v E way, exposed the public to quite a lot of truth about how financial markets are being run, and perhaps the enormous headaches you report come from shedding an unwanted light on it. Just because it was 30 seconds long doesn't make it false, just simplified. There's no value in a 7 minute diatribe that few grasp.I disagree about this idea that thousands of...
I have empathy for you, bro
I've read enough to feel dangerous, and I never said there was a grand conspiracy. Though calling it systemic is equivalent to when politicians say 'mistakes were made'. It was certainly more than systematic.