or Connect

Posts by idfnl

Sponsorship has dried up big time. No more tobacco to float the boat. I'm amazed at how hard it is for teams to sign up new names. Look back at photos of cars from the 80s and 90s, there are names slathered everywhere. Now, much of the grid operates with basically bare liveries. In other news: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/10/f1-team-to-get-cash-injection-as-fiat-confirms-ferrari-stock-market-floatation/ Ferrari going public. Interesting move. Instead of...
Damn, Westbrook. Big blow.
Would be hard to choose between Bonds and Jet. Send both to the baseball thread.Watching Ballmer was 2 notches above Sterling on the cringe scale. I didn't expect it to look that bad. Would be hard to choose between Ballmer, Sterling and Jet. I'd have to go with Ballmer.
Lotus has money problems last year. Kimi wasn't even getting paid. The problem is the big teams starve the little teams out of TV revenue. You can't survive without it, and a talented design team and strong engine may give you legs for a few years, but eventually the churn of F1 will catch up and you can't compete.
That's a hard question to answer because new money is regularly being introduced to my portfolio. I don't keep 25 year old charts. It's safe to say I've 6x my 25 year old money and later I've outperformed just with GOOG + AAPL on they're own. Was I lucky/blackjacking to do that with 2 stocks? An argument can be made...My performance is consistent with or better than the broader market in general terms.I take moderately more risk than the broad market/average...
I'm being quoted 170 Euros a piece. You're talking about a very expensive ask because these haven't been made in 35 years. They did say that they'd be able to lower the price under some circumstances. I'll also note that I'm working with a tailor in Europe on this, he has more direct contact with the factory than I do b/c of language and time zones, but he's been very transparent with me. His intent is the same as I've mentioned in my previous post.I am happy to be...
I don't believe so, David. I'm not looking to make a profit here, my intent is more of a community service which serves my own need. I can't have these re-made without a critical mass, so I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone is interested.I'm happy to defer to the moderation to weigh in, but I believe the intent of this thread would not be well served in the B & S section.