or Connect

Posts by idfnl

Vettel was clearly at fault, and he has been a whining bitch more than he has in the past which is saying something. I think the Ferrari pressure is getting to him. Verstappen is playing with fire. I see this in my own kids: despite advising them of consequences, they seem keen on finding out for themselves sometimes. He's going to cause a big crash, then he will tone it down. But lives are at risk here, which is why I held my lip at the last post, but he needs a few...
That safety car saved Lewis's day, though I still think could have gotten close to a podium.Help me understand this grid penalty, stuff because Lewis said that he was now ahead in engines... but he has like a 55 place penalty... does it not carry over or something?
Hey, it's an investment...
Try a triple grid penality...he's going to take a 15 placer. And he'll finish 2nd since nobody can touch the Merc at Spa. Smart move.
London was once like that.https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/nov/09/billionaires-basements-london-houses-architecture
Lighten up on the acronyms.
This is true, my parents have one home that has been passed on from an embassy's staff to the one that takes over for like a decade, more than once they have come in and offered to change floors, paint colors and pay for it.There is definitely a rental market for homes in better shape with quality appliances, etc that attract longer term renters. Unfortunately American renters tend to fuck up properties like nobody's business. My parents now collect 2 months rent as a...
I don't know what your best course of action is, I'm simply presenting an alternative way to consider housing that doesn't follow this standard model that many seem to think is the "right way".Almost nobody puts money in an investing account the way you suggest, of the ones that do, many squander it by ill advised purchases, and you are acting like its a guaranteed return... it's not. It's a valid scenario, as mine is.You're life's work is being given to a bank, you're...
In Europe this is pretty common. Many don't acquire any kind of property until late into their 30's. Ask GreenFrog about it, he's the resident expert on Spain.As I mentioned above, the savings would go into some vehicle able to earn a return. And $800 a month isn't much to save. For a $200k house the savings rate would need to be about 2k a month, in which case it's a 4-5 year cycle. That outright purchase would save you $150k in interest for the lifetime of the...
Nowhere did I mention a commute to dc - I would bet a viable DC satellite economy forms there so commutes become minimal, or hell a high speed rail.There were tons of properties in DC in the 80s you couldn't give away, and now look.