or Connect

Posts by idfnl

Sure, European football is much more capitalist than the closed club the NBA is, so yeah, the richest clubs buy the best players. Just like in F1, the team that can spend the most is usually champion. Euro football has other things to achieve, though. There are usually 2 different domestic league cups to win. A real juggernaut wins the treble, the C League, the domestic league, and the domestic cup. There is simply a lot more to root for. With basketball they are all...
Who is he in the league?
Prove it
I saw that as well. The moment where they were in the hotel and Roman drew a racetrack on the tablecloth and Jackie described how to be fast thru a corner really changed my understanding of how to be quick.
Careful guys. Rfx is never far away from a 5,000 worder.
I never said it was the only solution. To me, it represents the most interesting solution because I think holds the most positive disruption.I know lawyerdad, prove it.
"Suck" is relative. A team at the bottom of the league under pressure can play some pretty hard nosed ball to stay alive. I'm not sure their record matters as much as the quality and intensity of the play.Your comparison is silly... 70 terrible vs 7 or 8. I'd rather watch 70 teams that compete hard. Today you get 1/2 the league trying to achieve and the rest vying for a #1 draft pick. That = terrible moreso that anything you've said.I think the motivation for...
I ask for proof and I get opinion. I have indeed said this before, and in the mean time we've seen tanking become more prominent, obvious, and acceptable. And anyone believes that's good for the game is a douche.To your other point, there are 30+ football clubs in Europe capable of winning the Champions League. As a sample size, Europe is a better comparison (land size vs US) as opposed to a small European country's domestic league. In this respect, there are probably...
Elaborate
Non-sequitur. Jackie Stewart is one of these rare people that I just can't find a reason not to admire. Every single instance that I hear him talk, watch an old documentary, or listen to him describe racing, safety or his era of F1, he is just such an incredibly impressive person. His contribution to F1 is perhaps unmatched because there are dozens of drivers still alive and it can be directly traced to him. No other person has taught me more about how to perform in an...