or Connect

Posts by TEPLimey

Burger Joint is far better, as are a number of other places in the City. Truth be told, I hate that gross greasy feeling after eating one of their burgers. Paula Deen has taught us that adding tons of fat to anything can make it taste good and Five Guys is exhibit a. Genesis and Corner Bistro (although I'm a tad down on the latter lately) are also quite good for the price.
+1 on City Hall restaurant. Also look into Duane Park rest. in that area. For a tad North of that try Pepolino (Italian). You are staying in a pretty awful area for eating/drinking however. If you want to add a tad more details on what you're looking at for after the wedding (how divey are we talking here?) I can offer a ton of suggestions as I work a block from City Hall and live less than 15 from your hotel.
Just get a great meal at Five Points next door instead or across the street at the Great Jones Cafe.
The easiest move is so simple, I can't believe more men don't get it. After chatting with a girl a few minutes, time your drink so you finish at the same time as her. Then... Guy: "You need another drink?" Girl: "Yadda yadda yadda nails hair YES shopping shopping shoe shopping!" Guy: "Great, I gotta run to the bathroom, grab me a [whatever guy is drinking] and I'll be back in a minute." Girl: [astounded] If she has your drink when you return, you can reciprocate...
That Grandioso Mayan is a 5-year from La Cofradia. I've heard good things...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I get Patron Blanca on sale for $34. Partiga blanca is excellent but expensive usually around $55 in California. Best selection in Cali is Hi Time Wine in Costa Mesa. You can get some great tequilas there for ~$30. San Matias Orgullo for under $40 is arguably the most absurdly good thing I've ever seen in the tequila world with only getting Penca Azul Anejo at $35 as a better deal IMO.
I have a connection that will do MTM in NYC for about $700 with Zenga (Super 150s / Cashmere), Holland and Sherry (130s), etc. and also Loro Piana for a bit more. I did not ask the company whether they are ok with me posting their contact info, but if you are interested, please PM me.
I had some really outstanding sushi at Akai Lounge in NYC (85th and Amsterdam) the other week. The rock shrimp tempura and miso sea bass appetisers were fantastic, as were the rolls. We had a "Pain in the Ass" roll and another roll which was a daily special with spicy tuna and sea bass. The whole meal was very reasonable (~60 plus drinks) and the food and service were really good. I am planning on making this my go-to sushi place in the city since the quality is...
Of the tequilas mentioned on this thread, Casa Noble and El Tesoro are probably the two most consistently good tequilas at their price point. Partida/Milagro are both decent but are overpriced for what they are - and Patron even moreso. Truth be told Patron makes a decent blanco, but at $60 its vastly overpriced. For $60 you could get multiple bottles of El Tesoro, Fina Estampa, or a number of other tequilas. If you keep your eyes open you could even score a bottle...
Quote: Originally Posted by in fits of print Any idea where they sell these? Mm. I was running around the city 'til 4AM in my Alden wingtips during that blizzard a couple weeks ago. They seem to've come out none the worse for wear, but they did tighten up a bit at the time and my toes still haven't recovered. But it was also a total blast. If a little foot pain is the price you pay to not show up to the Carlyle in Bean boots, I'd pay it...